Dumb things I've done

Old 11-19-2009, 09:03 AM

Well, there was a period where my mom did not have garbage service for various reasons. We took turns taking care of her garbage with our own. Well, I picked her up for a family outing and put her garbage in my trunk. A few days later, my car started to have a faint smell....! Thankfully it was springtime and not hot August LOL
Old 11-19-2009, 04:56 PM

A few years ago I took my three youngest children to a Halloween party at a large hotel. The kids quickly got too hot in their fleece dalmatian costumes, so they stripped down to their regular clothes. When we left, I carried a very large and heavy armful of costumes, pumpkins, and gift bags out to the van. My youngest lost his balloon, so we went back in for a second one. That was when the unthinkable happened. My baby disappeared! I was chasing down my two oldest, while frantically scanning the room for my toddler. I tried calling to the older ones to stop, but they didn't seem to want to listen. Finally I shouted to them, "Come back! Your brother is missing!!!" My oldest daughter looked back at me, somewhat puzzled. "But Mom," she said. "You're holding him." Sure enough, the bundle in my arms this time was my two year old son, who was so intent on holding his balloon, he was completely oblivious to my panic. You've got to love being a mom!
Old 11-19-2009, 07:55 PM

OK, I think Bucket just won the prize. Losing a beer in your hand or glasses on your head can't compare to loosing a kid in your arms. LMBO!
Old 11-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Power Poster

That is the greatest. So funny. You win hands down.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:29 PM

Last year while babysitting my grandchildren, was baking cookies and decided to run out and feed the horses before it started to snow. Shut the door behind me, fed the horses and went to go back in the house. Of course the door was locked and I had no key. Had to cut the screen off the bathroom window using a 6 foot ladder, then had to step into the bathroom off the ladder steps. Got one leg inside the window but couldn't bring the other leg inside because I was at such an odd angle! Finally got inside and was so mad at myself. I'm too old to be doing gymnastics. Now when I'm at their house, I wear the housekey around my neck!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Ever walk around the house hunting for your car keys only to find that they are IN YOUR HAND?
YES!!!!!
Old 11-20-2009, 11:17 AM

Karla hilarious!!! I've caught my jacket before. I did slip my arms out! Oh course after all you went through, I can see why you didn't think of that.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 AM

One day last summer when I was watching my great niece and nephew, I rushed out to my car to get my coffee before their Nana left. I got my coffee, pushed the latch on the door, closed it, started to go and realized I couldn't go. A split second later I realized my thumb was in the door. I thought of yelling to Mary for help, but figured it would take longer than unlocking the door myself. Of course once you release the pressure you get hit with the the pain. My thumb was instantly black and swollen. This was in early Julyl and my thumb nail is now almost grown out to normal. Funny thing is I am normally very careful about car doors because when I was a kid, I accidently shut a toddler's finger in the car door.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by burnsk
Thought this might be a good place for everyone to share chuckles about themselves.

Today was one of those days for me. I'm always trying multi task (that was the first dumb thing I did). This morning I poured my first cup of coffee and was talking to hubby at the same time. I went into the refrigerator and grabbed a carton to pour some milk into my coffee. First sip told me that I had grabbed the orange juice carton instead. YUK.

Met a friend for lunch and showed up in my slippers and forgot to brush my hair.

Just now I grabbed the telephone to change the channel on the TV.

Hmmm - I'm afraid to use my sewing machine today.
well, one of the hee hee...smarter things you did, was to give me a laugh. You showed up in slippers and forgot to brush your hair...now that's a visual. I am leaving in a few minutes...think I'll change out of this gown, and be sure to look in the mirror! Thanks for reminding me.
It barely covers my behind! :lol:
Old 11-22-2009, 10:41 AM

After years and years of stupid dreams about being out in public in my pajamas I was very careful NOT to do anything so dumb. I was working as a Realtor in a high end office and one day after rushing my three children to school (all under 10) and jumping into the office to do a closing on a big sale.. I am sitting at the table and my client looks up at me and giggles.. ok.. I shrug.. like ok? what? she then kindly points down to my feet. Two completely different flat shoes on one black one blue one with a buckle one without. I wanted to crawl under the table. I said I was making a fashion statement. We both laughed but I couldnt wait to get home and crawl into my hole. So much for being professional.