E-Readers

Old 06-27-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by susanwilley
I have a Kindle and I love it! It reads just like a paper back. You can log on to the Kindle website and have books in the blink of an eye. You can read outside or anywhere in bright light without a glare. You aren't able to do that with many others. If you read in bed you might want to get one of the little lights that attached to the cover, you will need good light to see at night, just as a book. It's great! I hear the Nook is a good one too! Not sure how well it is in bright light though.
Not sure how the Nook is in bright light, I always read in bed at night. The Nook Color is backlit, so no outside light source needed, which is great. The original Nook needs a light source.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:50 PM

I have a nook and a Kindle. I like the Nook because it has a backlight so you can read it better.It is heavier than the Kindle and you have to be within a internet connection to download books. It also is a touch screen and the screen gets fingerprints real easy. You have to clean it alot.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by skowron5
I have a nook and a Kindle. I like the Nook because it has a backlight so you can read it better.It is heavier than the Kindle and you have to be within a internet connection to download books. It also is a touch screen and the screen gets fingerprints real easy. You have to clean it alot.
If you go to BN and get the screen savers for the Nook you won't have so much problems w/finger prints. I was like you and was constantly cleaning it. They are easy to apply and really fit better than most savers that I've seen.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Grambi
Originally Posted by susanwilley
I have a Kindle and I love it! It reads just like a paper back. You can log on to the Kindle website and have books in the blink of an eye. You can read outside or anywhere in bright light without a glare. You aren't able to do that with many others. If you read in bed you might want to get one of the little lights that attached to the cover, you will need good light to see at night, just as a book. It's great! I hear the Nook is a good one too! Not sure how well it is in bright light though.
Not sure how the Nook is in bright light, I always read in bed at night. The Nook Color is backlit, so no outside light source needed, which is great. The original Nook needs a light source.
You can adjust the screen settings and read in bright light. You can also purchase the screensavers that help w/that. I got them due to the finger prints and it helps minimize them. I have both Nooks and think they are the best thing out there. As long as you deal w/the instore people they have great customer service too.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:51 AM

We do not live near a Barnes & Noble, but I think purchased the screen saver with mine. I will have to look and see if I can find them.

Also are the new apps they advertise availabe for a Nook I bought back in Dec. or have they changed the Nook so they don't work?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:57 AM

We do not live near a Barnes & Noble, but I think purchased the screen saver with mine. I will have to look and see if I can find them.

Also are the new apps they advertise availabe for a Nook I bought back in Dec. or have they changed the Nook so they don't work?
There was an upgrade in April and thats when the apps all became available. There were some problems w/the upgrade at first but I think they have those issues all worked out. It was a pain for about a week but then they had to give me a brand new one in the end. I enjoy the apps. I'll look today to get you the right path but on BN web site there is a forum and you can ask questions and read other things people post; like on here. They have one for each of the Nooks. I'll let you know when I find the link; it normally takes me awhile to find it and now that they have changed the site maybe a little longer. If you cant find the screen savers you can order them on line. I'll get back to you.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:01 AM

Thanks

Originally Posted by romanojg

There was an upgrade in April and thats when the apps all became available. There were some problems w/the upgrade at first but I think they have those issues all worked out. It was a pain for about a week but then they had to give me a brand new one in the end. I enjoy the apps. I'll look today to get you the right path but on BN web site there is a forum and you can ask questions and read other things people post; like on here. They have one for each of the Nooks. I'll let you know when I find the link; it normally takes me awhile to find it and now that they have changed the site maybe a little longer. If you cant find the screen savers you can order them on line. I'll get back to you.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:14 AM

We bought my mom a Pandigital recently. it's made by Kindle but it has a colour screen and does more then just e-reader functions and it was cheaper the the other e-readers. She takes it with them on trips so she has her books but she can also check in with emails.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch
We bought my mom a Pandigital recently. it's made by Kindle but it has a colour screen and does more then just e-reader functions and it was cheaper the the other e-readers. She takes it with them on trips so she has her books but she can also check in with emails.
You can do all of that with the Nook color as well. They have tons of apps for it so it's like a personal organizer now. I love getting my magazines on it and the read to me feature really makes my grandson happy when we are all busy and he wants to "read" a book. With them in full color it keeps his attention. I've heard the Pandigital is good