Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ear ache temporary relief

I remember my mother melting butter and using that in my ears. Today I use Miracle II products and essential oils.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinka View Post
    I can sure sympathize with you on an earache! Very painful! Had them all my life, the only remedy I've heard of is the alcohol and vinegar. A doctor told me that one, same as swimmers ear sold at stores. He said the alcohol dries up the water, and the vinegar kills bacteria. That's for if you got water in your ears, if they are infected, you need an antibiotic. I can't stand anyone to even touch my ears, don't even like letting a doctor look in them!
    I'm with you had earaches all my life too- really bad as a young child, my ears would drain during the night. I really have problems when my allergies are giving me fits- ears really hurt. I can't stand for anyone to mess with my ears or my eyes. Certain pitch sounds cause my ears to hurt- and loud music really causes problems-I don't go to concerts because of this.

I used to get terrible earaches as a kid. My mom would warm up some oil in a spoon and pour it into my ear and put a cotton ball in to hold it there. It usually would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
    I remember my uncle would blow cigarette smoke in my ear and then close it up with a cotton ball. Can't remember whether it worked or not now but his love and attention always made me feel better. I was born deaf in one ear and it was always that ear that would ache.

Okay, this made me smile and remember the old saying......so mad, smoke was coming out of his ears....the difference being ...... It was going into your ears.........I think I need another cuppa!

I remember as a kid my grandmother used sweet oil in my ear. She warmed it up a little & put several drops in. I have never had ear aches that I ever remember except that one time but the sweet oil seemed to work.

Power Poster
    Interesting remedy...

My mom always used warm sweet oil on us too. Didn't work on my sister though. She always ended up in ER because of her pain.

Blog Entries
    My mother always used warmed olive oil on a wad of cotton wool. I hated it and never admitted I still had the ear ache again.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2