Easter dinner

Old 04-03-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Keaghank
Deviled eggs and asparagus!
nothing like asparagus to tell you spring is finally here!!!!! and not too soon, imo!

:hunf: :hunf:
Old 04-03-2010, 08:38 PM

how bout cole slaw and deviled eggs? Candied sweet potatoes or the hawaiian sweet potatoes...you know mashed and put in casserole dish with pineapple, brown sugar, marshmallows, nuts optional, maybe coconut...

Happy Easter

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 04-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Banned

green salad and veggie tray. Penny
Old 04-04-2010, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
After church there is hard boiled eggs, keilbasa, potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, homemade tomato basil bread along with raw veggies and dill dip.

Dinner is ham with pineapple and brown sugar glaze, pickled beets, Irish soda bread, applesauce, baked sweet potatoes,corn and broccoli.

Dessert, Spritz cookies, key lime cheesecake and chocolate cake with chocolate ganache

Oh and there is only 3 of us so DS will be taking leftovers back to school with him.
Tru,
how long have you been cooking...........
cook for three days and sit at the table for maybe an hour.........

wow, sure wish you lived closer.....your menu sounds delish !
Old 04-04-2010, 04:21 AM

WELL at 4:30 this morning I woke up and realized that my pumpkin pies that look beautiful by the way didn't get the sugar added!!! GRRR My aunt forgot to add sugar one year at Christmas it became the family Joke and the first thing my Husband said when I told him, was "all right Aunt Dort" Hmm what will we have now???? How about a bowl of cool whip kids!
Old 04-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
After church there is hard boiled eggs, keilbasa, potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, homemade tomato basil bread along with raw veggies and dill dip.

Dinner is ham with pineapple and brown sugar glaze, pickled beets, Irish soda bread, applesauce, baked sweet potatoes,corn and broccoli.

Dessert, Spritz cookies, key lime cheesecake and chocolate cake with chocolate ganache

Oh and there is only 3 of us so DS will be taking leftovers back to school with him.
Tru,
how long have you been cooking...........
cook for three days and sit at the table for maybe an hour.........

wow, sure wish you lived closer.....your menu sounds delish !

Hi MJ,
I have a degree in culinary arts, cooking is a piece of cake (hehe) for me. Everything is homemade nothing store bought. In the summer I can veggies and make jam. I do container gardening on my deck. I have pots of fresh herbs growing on the window sills at all times. I bake bread at least twice a week. I wish I had my own chickens for fresh eggs. I wish you lived closer too we could have one BIG party!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 04:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Up North
WELL at 4:30 this morning I woke up and realized that my pumpkin pies that look beautiful by the way didn't get the sugar added!!! GRRR My aunt forgot to add sugar one year at Christmas it became the family Joke and the first thing my Husband said when I told him, was "all right Aunt Dort" Hmm what will we have now???? How about a bowl of cool whip kids!
All is not ruined. Take the amount of sugar called for in the recipe, sprinkle it over the top of the pie, put the pie under the broiler until the sugar melts and is pale brown, watch carefully as it will burn. It will be a glaze and no one will know you messed up. Then top with cool whip. or if you have a can of pie filling, top the pumpkin pie with that, or take jam heat it in the microwave until it is runny pour over the pie then put in fridge until the jam sets.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:58 AM

Do you think if I scoop the filling out and mix it with sweetened cream cheese it will be like a pumpkin cheesecake?
Old 04-04-2010, 05:39 AM

i am making new york strip steak(on sale ) with baked potato,and carrots and peas with dinner rolls
Old 04-04-2010, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
All is not ruined. Take the amount of sugar called for in the recipe, sprinkle it over the top of the pie, put the pie under the broiler until the sugar melts and is pale brown, watch carefully as it will burn. It will be a glaze and no one will know you messed up. Then top with cool whip. or if you have a can of pie filling, top the pumpkin pie with that, or take jam heat it in the microwave until it is runny pour over the pie then put in fridge until the jam sets.

Tru...I just copied the above and it will go in my recipe file....a good thing to know.nnnthanks for the tips.....happy, happy..........mj