Wow, cute eggs, looks like you had fun at your house
Old 04-04-2010, 10:07 PM

Really neat idea!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Power Poster

It is those moments that make the holidays the BEST :lol:
Old 04-05-2010, 01:53 AM
Power Poster

Great fund Rhonda, and it's lovely that you have kept all the eggs from past years. No wonder you are pushed for space in your house!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Great fund Rhonda, and it's lovely that you have kept all the eggs from past years. No wonder you are pushed for space in your house!
well Lesley I have to confess my mom has a small barn beside her house just off my backyard and we store alot of stuff in there. it has a full floor upstairs and that is where I store my Thanksgiving and Easter stuff in bins. The stray cats can get on and into things and we have had mice get into stuff so I put it all in plastic bins. I store lumber downstairs and we have tht rider lawn mower and her push mowers and along one wall is stacks of boxes and bins. She complains that I have taken over nd it is more my stuff than hers!! LOL Mom also has a Model T garage in the front of my house that we store alot of the stuff that we want easy access to. I have all the toys out there and one side is mom's wood shed. It has lights and isn't real wide but we have a long table along one side and I have bins of toys and boxes of toys along the other side.There are bikes and trikes and all sorts of boxes of junk!! It also has a small loft in it that is full! More mine than hers I am afraid!! LOL
Old 04-05-2010, 07:36 AM

What fun! Those are really cute but, please tell me if anyone else looked at them and though, "Oh wouldn't that one be pretty as fabric, oh and that one too. . . . ."?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:52 PM

Great eggs - some talented artists in your family!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

thank you everyone!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:18 PM

What a great idea! How do you exactly blow out the egg? Some of the eggs I can see a hole on the bottom. So how does that work? All I can say is your passing a great tradition down your family line. Kudos to you!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by susie0808
What a great idea! How do you exactly blow out the egg? Some of the eggs I can see a hole on the bottom. So how does that work? All I can say is your passing a great tradition down your family line. Kudos to you!!!
It does take some lung power! LOL I take an embroidery needle(easy to hold onto and the blunt point won't slide around on the egg) and I poke a hole on one end. (see I can teach something other than quilting! Aren't I versatile? :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: )
Then I widen the hole by poking a hole gently next to the first hole and keep poking til the hole is about 1/4" and not much bigger. Then on the other end I do the same thing but I make the larger end of the egg a slightly bigger hole. Usually about 1/2" or less. Not too small or the egg will be hard to blow out. Then I blow from the small end and it takes a bit of blowing(just like blowing a whistle) not too hard tho or the shell breaks. I blow into a small bowl. If the egg is hard to get it to start coming out I take the needle and poke it up inside to break the yoke so it isn't too big for the hole. Then blow out the egg.
Then I rinse it off and try to get some water to go inside and I blow on the egg again to blow the water out into the sink.

I have broken several and it can make your cheeks smart after awhile!! But it is worth it!! I try to get some done ahead of time because the kids can go through them faster than I can blow them out! Especially if there are several kids here at the same time!

I freeze the eggs that come out of the shells and use them for homemade noodles or bread or french toast etc.