Eden Pure

Old 10-31-2011, 06:18 AM

we have a older house high ceilings, open stairway.we struggled to keep it warm.a few years ago we had a outside furance installed.now we are toasty warm and have free hot water.our grandsons keep us in wood.so thankful
Old 10-31-2011, 07:01 AM

Thanks for the help. I doubt it will do us much good to have one. I too wear sweat pants and a tee shirt with a sweat shirt over that. On really raw days i might put on an extra long sleeve shirt. I always wear wool socks and fleece lined slippers. We do have a heater for the bathroom that we use to take showers so we don't have frost on our parts! I hate the weather here and should have staying in Florida. That would be hindsight.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:43 AM

We have open rooms---no doors in living portion, have the fire place model, for the living room, and it really keeps it nice and warm. The unit does not get hot because it just heats only the air in the room. Our house is out in the open, no wind block, and all the living rooms are facing the West. So it gets straight West wind all winter. We like ours and I just bought a small model for my sewing room upstairs, hope it works. Our fuel bill is really big. Both units do not get hot to the touch.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:33 PM

I bought one and absolutely loved the type of heat, but it has not lasted well for the money. It would have been great if it had lasted more than 2 TX winters.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:10 AM

Now that winter is almost over, what is the verdict? Are these really good heaters or not worth the money? Did you see a savings in the utility bill? Or did it go up?
Old 03-01-2012, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiLu View Post
We bought one last year for $400 and put it in our coldest room - a 16 x 16 with a 7 foot ceiling and I could not tell that it anything to heat that room - tried it for a few days and took it back. Our local electric co. has a newsletter that comes out once a month and they talked about those heaters (not by name though) and said to save your money and go buy a $40 unit at WalMart/Lowe's and it has the same wattage and will do the same job for the same money - just spot heating.

Same thing with our electric co-op - the latest newsletter had an article about these electric heaters. The ones that claim to run on pennies a day, don't believe it. It takes a certain amount of electricity to make a certain amount of heat. It is a law of physics. No magical formula to get around it.

now they WILL save you $$ in that you can turn the thermostat down and just heat the room you are in.