Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Egg Whites ---- Who Knew??? >

Egg Whites ---- Who Knew???

Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 AM

A young man sprinkling his lawn and bushes with pesticides wanted to check the contents of the barrel to see how much pesticide remained in it. He raised the cover and lit his lighter; the vapors inflamed and engulfed him. He jumped from his truck, screaming. His neighbor came out of her house with a dozen eggs, yelling: "bring me some eggs!" She broke them, separating the whites from the yolks. The neighbor woman helped her to apply the whites on the young man's face. When the ambulance arrived and when the EMTs saw the young man, they asked who had done this. Everyone pointed to the lady in charge. They congratulated her and said: "You have saved his face." By the end of the summer, the young man brought the lady a bouquet of roses to thank her. His face was like a baby's skin.

Healing Miracle for burns:

Keep in mind this treatment of burns which is included in teaching beginner fireman this method. First aid consists to spraying cold water on the affected area until the heat is reduced and stops burning the layers of skin. Then, spread egg whites on the affected are.

One woman burned a large part of her hand with boiling water. In spite of the pain, she ran cold faucet water on her hand, separated 2 egg white from the yolks, beat them slightly and dipped her hand in the solution. The whites then dried and formed a protective layer.

She later learned that the egg white is a natural collagen and continued during at least one hour to apply layer upon layer of beaten egg white. By afternoon she no longer felt any pain and the next day there was hardly a trace of the burn. 10 days later, no trace was left at all and her skin had regained its normal color. The burned area was totally regenerated thanks to the collagen in the egg whites, a placenta full of vitamins.

This information could be helpful to everyone: Please pass it on
Old 07-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Power Poster

makes a lot more sense than using flour
Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

please be careful when using this information. here is a link to Snopes which indicates that his information is only partially true... http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/eggwhite.asp
Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 AM

This is sort of true, according to Snopes. It's not a cure, but also won't cause further damage if used.

Oops, we were thinking along the same lines at the same time. :-)
Old 07-27-2011, 10:01 AM

Think you for the tip. I am sending it to my DD.

very interesting!! Thanks

Mom always used egg whites. I use my aloe plant.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Why break eggs? Keep a fresh carton of only egg whites in the fridge for burns. They are great to add to casseroles, scrambled eggs, baked goods, so they won't go to waste while waiting for a burn!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:25 AM

Sounds like a good idea!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
please be careful when using this information. here is a link to Snopes which indicates that his information is only partially true... http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/eggwhite.asp
Thank you for clarifying this for me - I should have checked first!!! I always do the water then aloe too, but if aloe isn't available and I need something to protect the burn, guess egg white can help in a temporary way. I got the info from a nurse and trusted, but I should have checked!