Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Elvis died 33 years ago today!

Seems like only yeasterday I was hearing about Elvis! He was only 42! I love a lot of his music, but his lifestyle didn't impress me. I think I enjoy his music more now than I did when I was hearing it new.

His life got out of control at the end. So sad. I loved his music.

I was 13 years old, and in a fabric store at the time when it was announced on a radio station the store was playing! One of those moments I'll never forget. Anybody else remember exactly where they were when they heard the news?

Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    Seems like only yeasterday I was hearing about Elvis! He was only 42! I love a lot of his music, but his lifestyle didn't impress me. I think I enjoy his music more now than I did when I was hearing it new.
    WOW! It's hard to believe he has been gone that long! It makes me really old! :roll: I was 11 when he died and loved him! My mom had all of his records! I Loved him, his music and his movies also his wedding!! :mrgreen: :thumbup: Thanks for letting us know!

Quote Originally Posted by MZStitch
    I was 13 years old, and in a fabric store at the time when it was announced on a radio station the store was playing! One of those moments I'll never forget. Anybody else remember exactly where they were when they heard the news?
    I was out side in the yard playing and my mom came out and told us!! 11 yrs old

Blog Entries
    I was at work when they announced it.... what a shock that was!

Blog Entries
    I work and meet my hubby and son at the theater when I was told I was 24.

Banned
    dreaming of a simple life. Living off the grid!
    I was with my mom driving to Montauk Point LI NY for a vacation/business trip. We were on Montauk Hwy listening to the car radio when it was announced the king of rock and roll died. I was 22.

Elvis isn't dead. He works at our corner gas station selling lottery tickets.

I was 21 and only been married 1 year. I think I was in the car driving to work. How sad that he died so young, and that those involved in his medical care couldn't prevent it.

Blog Entries
    Oh my gosh, I remember being on vacation at my father's in Florida the day he died. Wow, doesn't seem like that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MZStitch
    My brothers and I were in the living room talking and listening tot he radio when they said Elvis passed on. Our oldest brother was sound asleep after working the graveyard shift, woke up and said "who cares" and went right back to alseep. I mentioned this to him later, when he acted all shocked when they said on the news Elvis died. He denies ever saying it....lol

I was 26 and had two washtubs full of green beans to can and it was very hot. Had to stop and cry for a hour. I loved him and his music. Hated the way his life ended, so sad.

I was at work, and pregnant with oldest son...the entire office went silent when it was announced on the radio...
    I really cherish that I was able to see him in concert twice.

I was 9, we were playing outside when Mom told us. My Mom had all his albums...so sad! He was MY age!!!!!