Embrodery machine Help....

Old 03-22-2016, 08:03 AM

A lot will depend on the size of the hoop. It could be a good machine but if you get a lower priced one it may only have 4x4 hoop and you'll get bored really fast. Get the biggest hoop as you can.

I agree with others, it depends on what you call med priced. for me that would be between 3and5 thousand.
Viking has some great ones and it comes with an organizer that allows you to do a few things with your designs as well as organize. I just bought the Brother Innovis 3500D for around 3200 and it does the Disney designs and has hoops around 6x12. If you aren't doing digitizing you don't need digitizing software. There are some that will alow you to change the size, etc for not too much money.
You might also consider a slightly used one, that comes from a dealer so that you'll have support and warranty. Good customer service and classes are great. I've really enjoyed going to Brothers website and doing the tutorials and downloading free designs.

Look around and see what fits your needs, see what features you want. I love needle up/down and scissor cut and auto tension set.

Last edited by romanojg; 03-22-2016 at 08:11 AM.