Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Which embroidery machine to buy??? >

Which embroidery machine to buy???

Which embroidery machine to buy???

Old 09-03-2013, 03:25 AM

I have a Brothers Quattro and love it! Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:29 AM

My machine also - great flexibility and love the 8x8 hoop for quilting squares.

Originally Posted by cmierley View Post
I have a Brothers Quattro and love it! Wouldn't trade it for anything.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:17 AM

I have the Designer Diamond. Love it....wish I could upgrade to the deluxe..has a couple of very neat features. But can not possibly afford to change machines at this point. Mine is not the top of the line any more, but it is a great machine! Did you look at other Brother machines. I hear their new machine is wonderful. Good hunting! I participated in a class when the deluxe came out..one thing I was impressed with was the fact that the back of the embroided piece did not look any different then the front.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:47 AM

My BFF in TX has a Viking that she used for years. When it went on the blink, waiting for repair, she invested in a Brother for embroidery. She was so impressed with the Brother that last year she purchased a bigger, super fancy Brother with all the bells and whistles. If anyone wants to know which one it is, I can find out for her - send me a PM. She says the Brother walks circles around her Viking... Matter of fact, after she got her new Brother, several ladies in her embroidery group followed suit and purchased one.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:02 AM

I too am wanting a dedicated embroidery machine. My go to dealer sells a number of brands that do embroidery . Am leaning toward Brother. Would like to upgrade my present DMS for other than embroidery, the Pfaff QE 4 makes me drool.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:13 AM

I had the Janome 350E and love it...l then purchased the 11000SE when the price went down in price. It is GREAT!
Now, the Janome 12000 is reduced in price because the Janome 15000 is coming out next week. You can find the 11000SE new for $3900, the 12000 is running about $7000 and the 15000 model is said to be $12,000. All three of these machines are dual machines, whereas the 350E is only embroidery. Unless you are doing HUGE designs, the 350E is perfect for most all the designs out there and it runs about $1400. All but the Janome 15000 can be found online and on SewitsforSale for prices less than I just quoted. I do not know the price on the Diamond, but I would access your needs on size that you want to do, and then go to your dealers to try them out. Best wishes for the perfect machine for you.

Last edited by Lady Diana; 09-03-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:43 AM

I've had the Ruby and loved it so much. Then last yr I got the Diamond Deluxe for a great price so I traded in the Ruby. The Diamond has he largest hoop out there and has so many features. Like thread postioning, it basically makes your top thread design and the bottom look the same way. I never have had to adjust the tension, it does it all. This is a good time to make a decision. This month is the Viking convention and they unviel the latest machines. The other thing they do is offer dealers the chance to buy the new machines that were used by the dealers to learn new things on. The dealers then take them back to their shops and sell them as used machines but you get all of the perks, warranties, classes, etc that comes if you pay full price. I saved literaly thousands last yr on my Diamond Deluxe. I know that this weekend my dealer had the Ruby Deluxe for around 4500, which is really good. Go for the biggest hoop and the best support from the dealer that you can get. The best advice is to try and go to the stores and try them out and see how they feel. I've used a Viking and a Brother, both have great features, I do love the feature that Viking has that the Brother didn't and that is if you hit the start button or the foot pedal, it automatically puts the pressor foot down and the needle. You can also get demos on the website of these machines. Well, I know that Viking does so I assume that Brother will too. Good luck and beware, embroidery is very addicting, very fast.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:04 AM

We have a Brothers Entrepreneur Pro 10000e ten needle , love it. I had used a Innov-Is Ve 2200 for several years,, not having to change needles dozens of times is so great. like the Brothers ,they are less $$$$
Old 09-03-2013, 07:42 AM

I love both my Babylock ellegante and my Pfaff creative sensation.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:13 PM

Those are 2 completely different styles. the pro to the brother is you don't have to change threads as often since it is multineedle, and it will be solely dedicated towards embroidery. Its a good machine if you do decide to eventually do business. I love my brother. I don't have the entrepreneur, but I have a combo like the viking and love mine very much. Brothers are easy to use. the on screen editing is super easy. I have never used a viking but the diamond is very popular. Mny people get brother embroidery machines just for their ease of use you don't need to really take classes to learn your machine. I would look at the features of each. The commercial machine probably has a few more features than the home/hobbyist machines. Nothing beats the cameras on brothers. i don't have one with a camera, but have used one and its nice. I still love my dreamweaver though it embroiders nicely