Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Which embroidery machine to buy??? >

Which embroidery machine to buy???

Which embroidery machine to buy???

Old 09-03-2013, 12:25 PM

the Janome has the easiest hookup. just attach your hoops.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by onemoe View Post
the Janome has the easiest hookup. just attach your hoops.
yes and the biggest hoops and harp. Also the embroidery arm is in back so you don't have to remove it to do sewing or quilting.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:38 PM

I have the Diamond first generation. In September they are coming out a new diamond. I am thinking about it I LOVE my diamond. Nothing wrong but really love it. Go to the web site and check it our carefully.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:43 AM

Wait until September a new Diamond is coming out. They have a special if you pre order you get stuff of $3,000 value. I love my Diamond have had it 6 years now.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
yes and the biggest hoops and harp. Also the embroidery arm is in back so you don't have to remove it to do sewing or quilting.
This also applies to the latest Vikings, my largest hoop is over 14in, I never have to take off the emb arm to sew and it actually acts like an extension table for it. All you have to do to hook it up is plug it in, slide your hoop on and hit start. It lowers the presser foot and the needle, it does it all. I don't know what the Royal will offer but the sneak previews have been pretty awesome. At the same time though, the Diamond Deluxe will be offered at great prices after he convention.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by starr511 View Post
I am always wanting a larger embroidery surface for designs, so now I am looking at buying a new machine. I am debating on getting the Viking Designer Diamond Deluxe or the Brother Entrepreneur. I don't embroider for a business, just a hobby, and make quilts now and then. I don't sew clothes. Does anyone have either of these machines? Likes/dislikes? Thanks
I have the Viking Designer Diamond Deluxe and really love the machine - MY ONE COMMENT is to try out your dealer for the top 2 or 3 choices........as you will find many of the brands are very similar in form and function - but the support from your dealer AFTER THE SALE is priceless!! Good luck with whatever you decide......
Old 09-05-2013, 09:46 PM

I have the baby lock Ellisimo , I love it, it is expensive to buy and it is very EZ to use, have some other friends that do a lot of embroidery also, they have various machines and we all exchange ideas on embroidery and quilting. If you have any questions you can always PM me. What ever machine you decide on, advise you to invest in an external hard to save your embroidery designs on, because before you know it you will have hundreds. You don't want them all on your computer in case you computer dies. There are a lot of sites that have free designs out there, if you PM me you email I can send you some great sites.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:49 AM

I am trading in my Janome 11000se (which I really like) for a Brother PR 1000e, Saturday. I can hardly wait. I haven't found any negative remarks on the pr1000. I decided I wanted a dedicated embroidery machine so I could be doing other sewing while it is working. I am also getting a Brother Laura Ashley Inova-is 2000 for a dedicated sewing machine.
Just wish there was someway to buy for time. LOL
Old 09-12-2013, 06:39 AM

My beginner machine is a cheap $300 Brother with just a 4 in embroidery area.
It works fine for 6 in blocks but would really like a larger hoop area.
Ive gotten my moneys worth out of it. Done lots of redwork designs for quilt blocks.
I don't really want to do any other embroidery so a more expensive machine is a waste for me. Although it would be great for quilting a quilt.