Enough snow already!

Old 02-03-2015, 06:34 AM

Please, please send some "on down" to Texas!!!!....So far its been really, really cold here....
Old 02-03-2015, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota View Post
We are way behind in our "snow fall" for the year. Send some our way so we can get the winter over with.
Outside of the cold weather, I cannot remember a nicer winter. Streets are down to the asphalt, sidewalks are down to the concrete, I can hang the down blankie outside and let it get nice and fresh, and I can get from Point A to Point B (walking or driving) and back without going into a panic mode.

The one thing about us Minnesotans - we know our winter by our sports......come the first part of March we have high-school wrestling tournaments, and then we have boys and girls Hockeyh tournaments and then to cap off the month of March, Basketball tournaments - boys and girls - the whole state goes buggy during March. Mainly because when it is over, any snow that falls melts nice and fast and spring is almost here. But that month we have been known to have real dillies of storms. We just finished the Winter Carnival and Vulcan dethroned the Winter Carnival King, so why worry. Spring is a'comin'. We just take each day as we get it. NO, no one send us any snow. I don't want any. NO one wants any. I just want sunshine, a nice dry deck that I can sit in a rocker and rock away!!!!!!!

I don't complain about the winter - I may complain about the arthritis in my hands or the Raynaud's Phenomenon in my fingers, or my old back, but I don't complain about the winter. You would not believe what I got done this winter in the house. Now, I can look forward to Spring, and the flies, and the ants, and the dandelions and Creeping Charlie and Crab Grass. That too will pass, when Naturescape comes out and weeds and feeds my lawn. So, nothing to complain about. Enjoy what's left of the winter and plan for a fun Spring. I am building a park on the side of my house with flagstone and little stones and shady plants and a little park-y area with bird houses, a bird bath, wind chimes and no grass ( it doesn't grow there anyhow - so I figured make a park). That's my fun plans for the rest of this winter. Enjoy. Edie

Last edited by Edie; 02-03-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:57 AM

Yes, I am done with it too! We got another 7" yesterday on top of the 24+ we got last week. The main roads aren't too bad, but the side roads are bad - running out of room to put the snow. Thank goodness for good 4X4 vehicle and the ability to drive it good. In my area there are many transplants from areas that don't get snow and they can't even drive in the rain, let a lone the snow! Have to venture out today to doctors, hope roads are a little better this afternoon. The temp will be a balmy 22 degrees! Stay safe and warm - thankful no loss of power through all of this stuff.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:29 AM

I'm a Californian and while I, in no way, want any of that Eastern weather, I'd sure like to see some snow in our mountains. We are depleting all our ground water stored from ancient times.....serious depletion here and affecting all our crops.....crops that feed the world.....I think we may get a little wet this weekend. We, here in NorCal are all praying for it......
Old 02-03-2015, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by MarLeClair View Post
We are almost done with the storm-I think about 18inches. Now the temps are dropping.
oh, 18 inches, how beautiful that must look, especially after seeing this almost 40 by now and still more on the way possibly this weekend. Enough already is right, I didn't know I could throw so high, but am getting to running out of room to put it.
Old 02-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Power Poster

we're getting more tomorrow 2-3 inches and then sunday night about another foot
Old 02-03-2015, 04:56 PM

The Chicago area got record snow falls, that's a record I wish we never got to break. Several rounds with a snow blower later ... I am OVER IT!!! Then I look at the calendar and realize we are going to get more before that spring warmth comes. Oh well.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:13 PM

We had a lot of cold a few months ago, but now it's been quite nice. Not much snow. Our snowy owl was here in November already. Very early for him to be here. Then he was gone this past month. This morning he was back sitting on my barn. There are a lot of snowy owls that frequent this area and they come every year except those few years when we got very little snow: like two or three years ago.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Dyan View Post
Not complaining, they made the city of Toledo level 3 which means stay off the streets, so got a day off of work with pay,..yippee!!! Bad side is 10 incbes of snow and drifted in my driveway about 15 inches.
I was raised in Reno Beach and the only time we missed school was if the school bus driver couldn't get the bus out of her driveway-due to ice- Snow came in feet not inches. Last week they called off school here for 2 inches that was gone by 8a.m. by 9 the temp. was 49. That was our biggest snow fall this winter. I really do not miss the snow and cold from home.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:38 PM

We have not had enough snow this year, and we really need the water. So each of us has our reasons for asking for weather