Estate Sales

Old 05-16-2018, 03:55 AM

Good for you. Glad you got a good deal. I love my Featherweight and am still searching for a table. I adore estate sales and have instructed my sons to do one when I go. I want them to put a sign up which I may make myself saying ". Don't be sad. I loved Estate Sales and so hope you will enjoy mine. Please give my treasures a good home."
Old 05-16-2018, 07:18 AM

I stopped at a garage sale several years ago, was walking around in a very crowded garage, and my foot tapped something sitting on the floor under this table...I looked down and there was the green case like my Mother's black featherweight case and I knew immediately what it was... I ask the lady if it was for sale...and she said yes, it's $25, needless to say it didn't sit there very long...I swooped it up and also found the Evening in Paris perfume blue bottle and the bath powder in the blue box...at the time I was collecting blue glass items...Now my sweet Mother is gone, but I have her featherweight and the white one to go with it...love them both...so that was my lucky day..
Old 05-16-2018, 07:47 PM

Oh my, what a lucky find!
Old 05-17-2018, 06:03 AM

The table has the cover over it. I haven’t looked at it thoroughly but I would think a person could make their own. We’ve been so busy we haven’t had time to clean it or use it. My summer project is to sand and varnish the top.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:09 AM

Lucky you. I worry how many have hit the landfill because no one is interested in these machines anymore. Just junk from an old persons house.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
Lucky you. I worry how many have hit the landfill because no one is interested in these machines anymore. Just junk from an old persons house.
My uncle was cleaning his mothers house, while she lived in it. My children were playing in the back yard where he was throwing stuff and they came in with a beautiful vase that had a chip out of the top. Grandma started crying when she saw it and found a photo of her daughter who was sitting by the vase. My Aunt is now 95 and I still have the vase. Our neighbors moved and we went through their pile of trash and it was unbelievable what they threw out. I donated everything except the brand new iron. What is wrong with people?