Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Ever do something so dumb you question your own basic intelligence? >

Ever do something so dumb you question your own basic intelligence?

Ever do something so dumb you question your own basic intelligence?

Old 08-30-2014, 06:12 PM

Have to say "ditto" to several of these stories I think we get so busy multi tasking that sometimes we just miss a task.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:46 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter View Post
I'm just surprised this thread isn't up to 50 pages yet.
Now THAT made me guffaw right out loud!! I hope it get there, great reading for those days when....well, you obviously already know.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:53 PM

You are in good company. We all (at least those of us who are willing to admit it) have done some really dumb things in our lifetime and chances are, we will do more!
Old 09-02-2014, 04:36 PM

Just a couple of weeks ago, after letting my iron cool, I wrapped the cord around it and put it away...in the fridge. *sigh*
Old 09-02-2014, 07:03 PM

Sadly, I've done exactly the same thing. It's like the fact that the cup was full just disappeared from my brain. Lucky for me, the tea just spilled into my lap and onto the kitchen floor.

Oh, well, if we have to have some unexplain-able lapses in judgement, at least these aren't too serious.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:06 PM

I was walking up the stairs at work. I wear my watch on my left wrist. I was carrying my cup of coffee with my left hand because my right hand was on the staircase bannister. As I'm walking up the stairs, a co-worker walking down the stairs asked if I knew the time. Right on cue, I flipped my wrist to look at my watch, and the entire cup of hot coffee went right down my shirt and pants! Not sure who was more surprised, me or my poor co-worker who could not stop apologizing. And yes, the coffee burnt my stomach and thigh.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:11 PM

Mass delusion - a story to share forever! Love it.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:58 AM

It's fun when you see these things happen and you're not the one being absent-minded for a change. (And nobody gets hurt)

I had to get gas this morning. I work early, so I was at the gas station at about 5:15. It's dark out and nobody's really awake.

The guy in front of me started his gas pumping and went and sat in his car. The pump clicked, he got out, punched some buttons, washed his windshield, got back in, and started driving off....but he never took the nozzle out of his car!! I started yelling but he didn't hear me in time. The nozzle and about 4 feet of hose came off of the pump (those things have a quick release) and he stopped and had to do the walk of shame to bring the hose and nozzle back to the guy inside. I could tell he was completely embarrassed! I was trying so hard not to laugh....not at HIM exactly, just at the whole scene. That's the third time I've seen that happen!! Some day it'll be my turn, I'm sure...
Old 09-03-2014, 06:27 AM

sorry to say, I did that in mid afternoon about a month or so ago -- I pulled up to the pump, got out to pump & there was a teeny tiny "out of order" sign on pump. Never took the nozzle out of car, just got in car & pulled to next tank, heard the nozzle hit pavement!!! YUP, it's embarrassing in daylight hours! I just figure someday it will be on one of those goofy video funny shows! LOL ...oh well!