Ever Worry about Posting?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:48 PM

I am going to be carefull. Yes i have googled something and have seen this site and comments on there.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 PM

No. I agree with the others who say if someone wants to find you, they will. I worry more about the lowlife who might be stalking my neighborhood instead. (I think I watch to much Criminal Minds. But I do love Reed and Morgan!!)
Old 03-08-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by peggymunday
I hope they CAN find me! I'm trying to get my business up and going and hopefully they'll call me to have a quilt made. I'll take all the advertising I can get. lol
Never thought of it like that LOL
Old 03-08-2011, 07:52 PM

[quote=KathyAire]
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011.
I have a big dog, and serveral guns since my hubby is a hunter, I have also taken a course how to use Clock 44, enter if you dare, but beware! LOL[/quote
Excuse me, I have to ask two questions. Is the big dog you are talking about the one in your avatar? :)
Do you mean a Glock 44? :)
LOL naaa that was a kit, I wish I could make a quilt from a photo! A glock, now there is an idea, I have just a six shooter and a few rifles and a cross bow, wonder if they will wait while I load that LMBO
Old 03-08-2011, 07:53 PM

Nope....no worries
Old 03-08-2011, 08:01 PM

It's "possible" that the pic of your house is from your cities property records. I'm not sure that this is the case here but it could well be. You could check with your city records (call & ask if you can do it on-line) and you may find the exact same picture. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
No worries with me....The digital camera I use does not have GPS capability ...and... I do not publicize my daily activities/routines as some folks are prone to do.

Please be aware......If pics are taken with a device (aka phone) that is equipped with GPS, the exact location of where the pic was taken can be itentified.
There is a site, can't remember the name that posted your public info, so curiosity got the best of me, I went to the site and posted my name and waaalaaa there I was, map to my house and all my address info, included my phone number, even had a picture of my driveway and I was like how in the heck or when did they do this......

with utility companys gives out your info...

I wish I knew who took that picture of my home, jeep and driveway to my house, cause I thinking lawsuit...

Thanks to phone companys, and electric company's, ect.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
bj

I think it's just important to be careful about posting personal information. This site is supposedly pretty secure.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:08 PM

No. The thought hasn't even crossed my mind.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Power Poster

Nope. The only bad thing that could happen to me is if my MIL ever read my PDA. OOPS! lol
Old 03-08-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
Nope, I tried that trick they showed on that link and have yet to find what they were talking about, even tried it on facebook. Just don't take pictures with your cell phone and post them directly to the sites. And I agree if someone wants to find you, they will find you. Get a big dog and a gun. I had one guy once come to my door, my German Shepherd dog was out back, but was coming in just as I opened the door, this guy stuck his foot inthe door jam, my dog comes up beside me, I grab his collar. this guy looks at my dog (who is huge!) and says "I am sorry I think I have the wrong place" I said I think you do, and called the cops right after I shut the door.
A bible fanatic of some kind tried that one on me one day when I had daycare kids. Than he refused to leave. I called the sheriff and than called the bus to have the kids get off at the neighbors. He scared me.