Ever Worry about Posting?

Old 03-09-2011, 03:12 AM

Same here, I don't worry about things of which I have no control.
On the other hand, I used Google to type in a street addy......just number & street....no town,state or zip & there it was, along with pic of house., map to property,along with price of house etc. So...why worry, if anyone wants to find you, it's all public (Google) info.

This board is no more/no less private than any on line site.

Originally Posted by BETTY62
No. The thought hasn't even crossed my mind.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:13 AM

Nope
Old 03-09-2011, 03:22 AM

I don't worry either. I just try to be careful in what I say. If someone wants to find me they will find a way, if they want to find me badly enough.
Old 03-09-2011, 03:33 AM

nope. I just go by this rule "If you wouldn't want to see it on a billboard in your home town... don't post it"
Old 03-09-2011, 04:15 AM

I just never post about our comings and goings or stuff too personal. A friend in Bible study had a horrible exp. Kid called crying saying he was her GS in jail, sounded right voice, he knew lots of personal things, like nicknames for the grandparents, recent death of pet and activities. She went to bank, wired money didn't think about it until second call that night. DH said his parents need to know, they called whatever state GS lived in and guess who answered the phone. Police said there are "boiler rooms" that sit and search facebook for just this kind of crime. They prey on out of town grandparents and aunts/uncles. She is a retired high-power exec...the last person you would think to fall for this. Everything this criminal knew had been posted on facebook! Very scary.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:53 AM

I do every thing from my I phone read the board, comments, ask questions, and have done one post. Should I be worried?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by emerald46
I just never post about our comings and goings or stuff too personal. A friend in Bible study had a horrible exp. Kid called crying saying he was her GS in jail, sounded right voice, he knew lots of personal things, like nicknames for the grandparents, recent death of pet and activities. She went to bank, wired money didn't think about it until second call that night. DH said his parents need to know, they called whatever state GS lived in and guess who answered the phone. Police said there are "boiler rooms" that sit and search facebook for just this kind of crime. They prey on out of town grandparents and aunts/uncles. She is a retired high-power exec...the last person you would think to fall for this. Everything this criminal knew had been posted on facebook! Very scary.
Wow! What a terrible ordeal for your friend to go through. Last year I had a business meet 2 1/4 hours drive each way. One of the people I was meeting announced on a website that we were meeting, date & time. Good grief. :roll:

I've read (not verified) that some criminals will pose 'fake babies' to lure women to secluded areas or get them to walk out of their homes to check on a crying baby. It's just a recording of a baby crying and sometimes a crumbled up blanket looking like a baby wrapped in it.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:16 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

oooh Morgan . . . purr and drool
Old 03-09-2011, 05:17 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Originally Posted by SherriB
No. I agree with the others who say if someone wants to find you, they will. I worry more about the lowlife who might be stalking my neighborhood instead. (I think I watch to much Criminal Minds. But I do love Reed and Morgan!!)
oooh luv me some Morgan purr purr and drool!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:20 AM

No. I don't worry. I found out Icould be easily found when I googled my name and address and it showed the map and house, my brother's car in front and my late DH on the front porch watering the azaleas. It's a new world, isn't it.