Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Every mothers nightmare...and grandma >

Every mothers nightmare...and grandma

Every mothers nightmare...and grandma

Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 AM

Ah well. Looks like he has enough sense to put a jacket on the kiddo so I think it'll be fine. My dauhters began riding at about that age and survived. I nearly didn't though!~!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:18 AM

I grew up riding on my Dads' bike. First husband had a Triumph. Second didn't have a bike and didn't understand why anyone would get on a bike. Should have told me something there.LOL
I am very proud my Daughter bought her own Harley. She has a Sportster I never had the guts to get on one all by myself. I did take a trip to Key West in January from NJ on the back of a friends bike. Pretty much the highlight of my life.
Like I told my DD I am not worried about her I am worried about all the idiots on the road. She has to ride to work now to save money that scares me since she is on the interstate. But she dresses in full leather even in the summer and rides consciously and carefully Can't do more than that.
I figure if she survived being an Atlanta Roller Girl she will do ok with the bike. Besides she is 36 who am I to say what she can and cant' do. lol
Old 06-22-2011, 11:58 AM

Better then cliff jumping
Old 06-22-2011, 11:59 AM

My oldest son has a bike he is restoring. I'm having the seats done for him for his birthday. Guess I am enabling(?)
Old 06-22-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie C
I've been riding for many years - please ask your son to dress more like your grandson when he's on the bike! Heavy jeans, jacket, etc will help should he have a spill. I know from personal experience!
I will express my concern!!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:26 PM

My son loved motorcycles when he was small and I told him that he could get one when he was 65, I won't be around then to be worried. To this day he still does not have one, instead he is a scuba diver.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by writerwomen
Better then cliff jumping
LOL
Old 06-22-2011, 12:29 PM

Some of you have shown concern over my sons shorts and sandals in the picture. Actually I took the pictures at a cook out at their house and asked him to sit on it for a pic. He wasn't riding. Although I still can't convince him to wear a helmet yet.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 PM

Oh No ,My son bought a "crotch rocket" and my Dh and I just about had a heart attack. Thank god he sold it without ever riding it.The young man who bought it had his Dad with him and I felt sorry for the poor man-he felt the same way we did. As a old OR nurse I have no time for motorcycles of any make-death on wheels-is what the docs used to call them.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by carhop
My son had one and got into an accdenthair line fracture of one hip broke his ankle (bad break) the doctor said when he got older he would feel the break in his ankle. I told if he wanted to live home there was nomore bikes.
33 years ago my 24 year old son & his wife were riding their motorcycle together. They were hit by a pick up and both died instantly. I was babysitting their 18 month old daughter and ended up raising her. You never completely get over the pain. I hate mototcycles.