Fabricholics anonymous?

Old 05-06-2010, 01:11 PM

It is so bad....I was @ the Houston Show last year & was in a booth shopping. I gave the Vendor my credit card & she looked at me real quick and her mouth dropped open & she said "Cathy! It is so wonderful to put a face to your name!" OMG I wanted that floor to open up & swallow me. DH was standing there and cleared his throat. We walked off later & he gently asked "Hon that lady sure knew you. How much shopping have you been doing online?" BUSTED! LMBO

Today we were out & I told him I wanted to run into Jo Ann's. I just wanted to grab 1 thing. And I did. 1 bolt of wide Kona Muslin. LOL Yes, I guess I really am a fabricholic. Oh well. I sure am a happy person. LOL
Old 05-06-2010, 01:22 PM

Ask yourself..."Do I hide fabric?" (shame response!) Do you promise yourself that this is going to be your "last yard" but then slip and buy 10 yards of something you just can't live without? ("I can quit, I've done it a thousand times...")Do you get lightheaded when you drive by a fabric store without stopping? (Withdrawl!) When you get a new quilting magazine, do you open it and deeply inhale the ink smell? (Huffing!) Have you ever gone into your sewing room and discovered fabric that you swear you've never seen- and don't remember buying? (Blackout!)
If you answer "yes" to even one of these questions, my friend, you have a fabric monkey on your back!
I'm sorry, I can only diagnose, I cannot heal this grave illness. If I ever climb over the mountain of cottons in my sewing room, maybe I can find that psycology book that I lost...and a cure!
Old 05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

Ummmmm - - - - who, me?
Old 05-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Pam

I told hubby that I am going shopping in Evansville tomorrow with Funky Monkey, and he said "Are you going to Joann's?" I told him NO, going to hit the thrift stores looking for vintage sewing machines. He said, "Do not take that money that you got for selling the horse." What a poop head.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by DianD
Ask yourself..."Do I hide fabric?" (shame response!) Do you promise yourself that this is going to be your "last yard" but then slip and buy 10 yards of something you just can't live without? ("I can quit, I've done it a thousand times...")Do you get lightheaded when you drive by a fabric store without stopping? (Withdrawl!) When you get a new quilting magazine, do you open it and deeply inhale the ink smell? (Huffing!) Have you ever gone into your sewing room and discovered fabric that you swear you've never seen- and don't remember buying? (Blackout!)
If you answer "yes" to even one of these questions, my friend, you have a fabric monkey on your back!
I'm sorry, I can only diagnose, I cannot heal this grave illness. If I ever climb over the mountain of cottons in my sewing room, maybe I can find that psycology book that I lost...and a cure!
Oh, Yes! the ink smell !! <snifffing>
Old 05-06-2010, 01:47 PM

Guilty!!!

I am saving up my pennies to take to the Minneapolis Quilt thingy in two weeks!! The lady that owns my LQS asked me to go with her and help her make purchases for her store!!! DH said he was taking ALL my credit cards away from me, well he doesn't know about one of those credit cards, mawhahahahah!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
I told hubby that I am going shopping in Evansville tomorrow with Funky Monkey, and he said "Are you going to Joann's?" I told him NO, going to hit the thrift stores looking for vintage sewing machines. He said, "Do not take that money that you got for selling the horse." What a poop head.
Was it your horse or his????? Maybe just part of the money....... :lol: :thumbup: :lol:
Old 05-06-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by kat112000
Guilty!!!

I am saving up my pennies to take to the Minneapolis Quilt thingy in two weeks!! The lady that owns my LQS asked me to go with her and help her make purchases for her store!!! DH said he was taking ALL my credit cards away from me, well he doesn't know about one of those credit cards, mawhahahahah!!!!!!
I girl has to keep a little mystery and a credit card is about as small as you can get.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by DianD
Yes, he's one of those cute little sock monkeys. His outfit is a quilted vest and patchwork short pants. He whispers in my ear and tells me that I NEED that fabric, book, notion or thread. He sits beside me in the car and turns into every fabric store. He's on my pillow at night throwing yards of beautiful fabric into my dreams. He's my friend! His first name is Mustav, his last name is Fabric.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Pam

Rapture, my horse, but needing a new roof, so saving up for that. I know you like your little friend, but sock monkeys freak me out, ick. Creepy, like ventriliquit's dummys and clowns. You need to find another fabric friend. Ewwwww.....