Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Face cream/lotion, eye cream >

Face cream/lotion, eye cream

Face cream/lotion, eye cream

Old 08-20-2011, 12:46 PM

I use Clinique Anti-Aging but it's not inexpensive. Since I stay home I don't put on makeup everyday so I just just use the moisterizing lotion and eye serum...love the eye serum! I watch for the bonus deal and usually get a few good items I can try for free. I wear the tinted moisterizer rather than full makeup which has a SPF15.

Wish I could use other less expensive products but my allergies just won't let me. Way too many things break me out so it's double the $$ anyway. If I end up allergic to Clinique or don't like a new product, I can return it for a refund or try something else. I really only buy products about twice a year.

Right now, though, I am looking for a good eye makeup remover. Thought I could find one cheaper than the Clinique one although it is very good (for me). Haven't found anything yet though since I don't want to buy something I can't return.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:11 PM

I use Oil of Olay.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

I buy the best skin products here: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/index.aspx
She has the best products and the best prices. She has written many books that review the skin care products being sold and what works and what doesn't. You can find her review of the product brand before you buy.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:25 PM

I have used Oil of Olay complete for about 15 years now and I love it, it has the sunscreen in it and it works for me. I also only use Gold Bond Ultimate softening cream on my hands, it is wonderful stuff.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by lvaughan
I use Oil of Olay eye cream and the age defying hydroxy cream. I received a full size ProX wrinkle smoothing cream as a freebie, thank goodness because I don't like it, sits on top of the skin. I hate to try new products especially with sunscreen, I don't like the feel of creams with sunscreen, and then just end up throwing them in the garbage. I would love to find a cream, needs to be moisturizing, with sunscreen that felt good on the skin.

So my question, what do you like, works for you? What do you hate? How much do you spend on your products? Truthfully, I hate to even spend the $20 for Olay products.
Facelift
Old 08-20-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by flowerjoy
Originally Posted by lvaughan
I use Oil of Olay eye cream and the age defying hydroxy cream. I received a full size ProX wrinkle smoothing cream as a freebie, thank goodness because I don't like it, sits on top of the skin. I hate to try new products especially with sunscreen, I don't like the feel of creams with sunscreen, and then just end up throwing them in the garbage. I would love to find a cream, needs to be moisturizing, with sunscreen that felt good on the skin.

So my question, what do you like, works for you? What do you hate? How much do you spend on your products? Truthfully, I hate to even spend the $20 for Olay products.
Facelift
LOL, is that available in a jar?
Old 08-20-2011, 02:46 PM

After recently running into several women I went to school with, I'm absolutely convinced their wrinkles are caused by makeup. I have never worn makeup and never made it a point to avoid the sun, and have barely a hint of laugh lines around my eyes. These women I've known forever, however, have been wearing makeup (especially foundation and cover-up) since we were 12 or 13, and they have TONS of crows feet and wrinkled skin around their eyes and mouth. I don't use any product other than a sugar scrub in the shower, and a basic scented lotion on my legs, elbows, and face after the shower.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:48 PM

Nothig but Clinque for my face. Ask me how I learned?
Old 08-20-2011, 02:53 PM

bareMinerals has a vitamin lotion that works well I cant use anything with lanolin in it will make my face itch
Old 08-20-2011, 02:57 PM

I have dry skin so use all kinds of lotion! Do use coconut oil after short. For sunscreen lotion I use eucerin with sunscreen. Just like reg lotion.