Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Face cream/lotion, eye cream >

Face cream/lotion, eye cream

Face cream/lotion, eye cream

Old 08-20-2011, 05:52 PM

Kirk's Original Coco Castile soap is still on the market after all these years. It has pure botanical coconut oil and is ultra gentle with no drying residue. It's all natural and hypoallergenic. www.kirksnatural.com

You might also try the Miracle Whip facial too. It's great....but you would have to see to believe it.

http://healthrecipes.com/beauty.htm

Lots of other home remedies there too.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:17 PM

All Clinique products and a little Botox a couple of times a year. I've used virgin Coconut Oil from years on my arms and legs.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
I use Clinique Anti-Aging but it's not inexpensive. Since I stay home I don't put on makeup everyday so I just just use the moisterizing lotion and eye serum...love the eye serum! I watch for the bonus deal and usually get a few good items I can try for free. I wear the tinted moisterizer rather than full makeup which has a SPF15.

Wish I could use other less expensive products but my allergies just won't let me. Way too many things break me out so it's double the $$ anyway. If I end up allergic to Clinique or don't like a new product, I can return it for a refund or try something else. I really only buy products about twice a year.

Right now, though, I am looking for a good eye makeup remover. Thought I could find one cheaper than the Clinique one although it is very good (for me). Haven't found anything yet though since I don't want to buy something I can't return.
Avon has a great eye make up remover and it is not expensive and you can return it if it bothers your skin. Iv'e been using it for several years and I do have very sensitive skin.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:37 AM

Have cousin who swears by the Aveeno hand lotion and not expensive. She uses it for all skin purposes.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:41 AM

Dermaveen and Derma Drate, for extremely dry skin. Aveeno is a reasonable product as well.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:06 AM

Philosophy products are the only thing I can use anymore. Learned from my daughter, who was seeing a dermatologist, that it was one of the brands he approved.

I was having breakouts that wouldn't heal. Haven't any problem since I began with the basic products a few years ago.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:16 AM

The Aveeno Ultra Calming seems to have helped my Rosacea some. I am very oily and I recently read that a foaming cleanser is drying so that could be it. The daily moisturizer is only a 15 SPF though. But I don't find it too greasy.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:40 AM
Banned

For a facial moisturizer I love LANCOME RESOLUTION.

I'm outdoors a lot in summer (gardening, yard work, etc) and
the best body lotion I've found is: HEMPZ
http://www.hempzbodycare.com/What's-New/

Makes my skin baby soft!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Try thousands of years old Virgin Coconut Oil, no additives or suspect stuff added to it. Solid but melts at about 75 degrees.

Why put something on your skin that you're afraid to eat?
I just recently started using this as well--way cheaper & safer than over the counter & specialty products.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Try thousands of years old Virgin Coconut Oil, no additives or suspect stuff added to it. Solid but melts at about 75 degrees.

Why put something on your skin that you're afraid to eat?
I use a lot of different St Ives products for various things, but I must say, a few yrs ago while I was in the world market in (Dekalb?) looking for EVOO, a very handsome woman stopped and said if I wanted oils look for coconut oil. She had 4 containers in her cart. She said you can cook w/it, moisturize w/ it, put it in your hair to manage it and make it shine.

Its a solid but melts at rm temp. I checked it out online and it actually is very good for the whole body - not the stuff that gets bad hype for bad fats. Anyway, if you eat it, it tastes like coconut candy! I use it in my hair, to cook, to make my skin smoother, great stuff! sharet (read up on it before buying it, you have to get the right stuff)