Facebook?

Old 02-21-2012, 04:01 PM

My daughter finally persuaded me to get a facebook page. The only time I use it is if someone contacts me and to see what my gradchildren are up too. I really think its a waste of time for the most part, would rather use the phone. I think its too bad that the personal touch today is gone such as writing letters and using the telephone.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:04 PM

I use it to keep in touch with family and long time friends. It's interesting to see what everyone is up to.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:00 PM

I use Facebook all the time. It is a great way to keep up with family and friends. I am enjoying keeping up with my younger cousins and their children. Also, have been friended by some of my friends' children, so I get to keep up with their grandchildren. Also, have enjoyed getting in touch with high school friends (we're celebrating our 50 year anniversary this year). I think the original intent of FB was for young folks to communicate, but us old folks have taken it over. It's like this Board ... it's addictive!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:49 PM

I don`t use it much. This A.M. I got a face book message stating that a friend of mine is married, with his picture. Now this
floors me! Why? It was stupid! This guy is married a long time. I was at his wedding. The picture was of him. Why spend time so foolish. This P.M. I got a long sad story from a friend about miissing her dear friend, after feeling so sorry for her I
find out it was her Chicken.
who knew?
Old 02-21-2012, 08:53 PM

i use it to see what is going on with my children & grandchildren
Old 02-22-2012, 07:23 PM

I use Facebook with friends and family and co-workers. Also a lot of stores offer promotionals if you like them on facebook. If you have an e-reader there is at least 4 sites that offer free e-books daily. I don't play the games but know there is many. Birthday reminders and the list goes on and on.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Liz aka Helen View Post
I use it, you can keep in touch with family and friends, see photos that they posted, play game with them, check out different companies that have a Facebook page, meet different people from around the world's. Oh wait that sounds like us here on then. Lol
Ditto to the keep in touch with family and friends, mostly thats it
Old 02-22-2012, 08:10 PM

I use it but not like some of my friends. I mainly post my quilt and project pictures and some of my family. Some people live on facebook, but I just don't have the time. I only go on if someone makes a comment on something.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by bucksprt View Post
I use Facebook with friends and family and co-workers. Also a lot of stores offer promotionals if you like them on facebook. If you have an e-reader there is at least 4 sites that offer free e-books daily. I don't play the games but know there is many. Birthday reminders and the list goes on and on.
Can you share what sites offer the free ebooks? Thanks.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by akisan View Post
I use facebook so I can see pictures of my grandkids. Through facebook, I am able to see photos of their competitions in sports and gymnastics. How I wish I live closer to them.
I too have lots of family in other places. I keep in touch with friends and family on FB. In todays times we do not seem to have time for those long letters or phone calls anymore. Some people I would never be able to keep up with otherwise are there and I also use my e mail a lot to talk to friends from years ago. A short note from someone often keeps you going for another day.