Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Facial Creams

For those of you who uses creams do you use eyelift creams? And do any of those creams really work? What one or ones do you like or know that is the best?

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've got to follow this post! I've tried lots of moisturizers and never seem to find one I love. If there is an eye lift cream that works, I need to know!!

Blog Entries
    I strongly suspect the one that works marvelously is the one movie stars and rock stars use.

Plastic surgery.

Good answer Ramona.

I don't use eyelift creams. I only use Neutrogena face cream. It's the only cream I can use without getting red blotches on my face.

I started having problems about six weeks ago with hives all around my eyes and face and it was finally attributed to a face moisturizer I had been using for at least a year. You won't find me putting anything but a mineral based moisturizer on my face ever again. I'm still having the end of the effects of the rash and hives and won't be able to use anything on my face for at least another week.

I am begining to get the droopy eyelids and thought there may be a is americial cream. I just don't like the way it looks.

My best friend uses....don't laugh, now....hemmoroid cream...it takes down puffiness and tightens up the skin.
    I haven't tried it. But with my saggy eyelids, I'm starting to think about it...

Blog Entries
    Check your ingredient contense - look for any word with PARABEN in it - this is a carcinogen - causes cancer.

Blog Entries
    I have heard of this helping. Never have used it but when I feel bad I sure need some. If anyone ever uses it let us know how it works.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill
    I started having problems about six weeks ago with hives all around my eyes and face and it was finally attributed to a face moisturizer I had been using for at least a year. You won't find me putting anything but a mineral based moisturizer on my face ever again. I'm still having the end of the effects of the rash and hives and won't be able to use anything on my face for at least another week.
    ---------------------------
    Ever try plain old Coconut Cream? It's like lard in cold weather and oil in temps over 75. It's pure and I doubt anyone has had much chance to become allergic to it.
    And then there's the old stand by, Olive Oil. Been with us for thousands of years.
    Or, in a pinch, what about plain Lard? It will spread out and melt and you can use it as a make up remover. And then there's Castor Oil, I use that sometimes on my hands inside rubber gloves. Softens them after working in the garden.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    My best friend uses....don't laugh, now....hemmoroid cream...it takes down puffiness and tightens up the skin.
    I haven't tried it. But with my saggy eyelids, I'm starting to think about it...
    -------------------------
    I read some time ago that beauty contestants used it to remove the sagging under their eyes. They also put vaseline on their teeth for shine. And used diuretics and didn't drink anything past 8 PM the night before the contests. Tape under the boobs for that "uppity" look. Maybe a touch of liposuction for the hips.
    Now don't they all look so nice and pure and natural?

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I agree that the only thing out there is probably the plastic surgeon!! :D:D
    But I'm sorry, I think I look better than the celebrities that have gone beserk having stuff done. They look creepy!!!
    My sister buys all kinds of stuff and always looks the same. But she's very pretty! She just doesn't realize it the way I do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    LOL! I've heard of people using this for dark circles under their eyes.

You know, when you stop to think about it, it is rather sad that we ladies can't be who we are and not what the 'makeup' companys tell us to think what we should be.

Unhappy with your reflection in the mirror....take a look at someone who has had most of their face burned to the point of deep scars and part of the face structure gone. Those people are happy to be alive and not caring about a few wrinkles.

Just like the man who complained about not having shoes until he met a man who had no feet.

Blog Entries
    i use the same thing my mother and grandmother used and love it. Ponds cleansing cream and Ponds dry skin cream. no heavy aroma just a nice soft feeling cream.

Blog Entries
    forgot to mention, the price is right.

I think it is unwise to use the 'lifting' type of cream as they affect the lower layer of the skin and eventually cause too much dehydration and my skin is already dry enough! I'm more inclined to use bio-oils and moisturisers. I was prescribed retinols when I was younger and now have photosensitive skin, so it is best to study the side effects and choose wisely. It will be interesting to see what your survey reveals.

Blog Entries
    This is going to sound really weird, but it is a trick I learned from model friends when I was young and worked as an entertainer -- Preparation H. Get the pink kind with aloe as it smells better. And if you can find it, the sort that is sold in Canada has live yeast cells and that works best. At my age I don't use it much, but after my skin drying out from indoor heating in the winter, I will slap some on if I'm going out somewhere special. It works. It's cheap. Just don't tell anyone! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by quilterj
    For those of you who uses creams do you use eyelift creams? And do any of those creams really work? What one or ones do you like or know that is the best?
    Mary Kay has a great eye revialitizer.

This is my "trick"

I wash my face then I use Noxzema and let it soak into my skin for a good 20 minutes. I put it on thick, as it is good for your skin and is not expensive. After the 20 minutes, I wash off (with water only) what hasn't soaked in, pat my face dry, and then I put a cream on my face. I generally use a moisturizing cream, inexpensive something by dove.

I have been doing this for quite some time, and no skin problems have arisen since I started!

TreeFrog

Prep H is also good for a fever blister on your lip. The ointment only though, the cream didn't work. I learned this 30+ years ago from a friend. If you start putting a little on the minute you feel the "tingly" then usually if will never "bloom". And if it has already come out the Prep H keeps it moistened just right.

I keep some in a Carmex jar in my makeup bag.

Blog Entries
    How right you are Carron!

I like Avon's eye cream. I do not know the name but has 2 parts to it, one for upper lid and one for under eye. I have droopy eyelids and it does seem to lift the eye lid, at least I feel the difference before and after; and can see difference in mirror.

Blog Entries
    Olive oil and/or vaseline for my dry skin!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast