Facial Creams

Old 04-29-2011, 06:24 AM

This is my "trick"

I wash my face then I use Noxzema and let it soak into my skin for a good 20 minutes. I put it on thick, as it is good for your skin and is not expensive. After the 20 minutes, I wash off (with water only) what hasn't soaked in, pat my face dry, and then I put a cream on my face. I generally use a moisturizing cream, inexpensive something by dove.

I have been doing this for quite some time, and no skin problems have arisen since I started!

TreeFrog
Old 04-29-2011, 06:31 AM

Prep H is also good for a fever blister on your lip. The ointment only though, the cream didn't work. I learned this 30+ years ago from a friend. If you start putting a little on the minute you feel the "tingly" then usually if will never "bloom". And if it has already come out the Prep H keeps it moistened just right.

I keep some in a Carmex jar in my makeup bag.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:20 AM

How right you are Carron!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:25 AM

I like Avon's eye cream. I do not know the name but has 2 parts to it, one for upper lid and one for under eye. I have droopy eyelids and it does seem to lift the eye lid, at least I feel the difference before and after; and can see difference in mirror.
Old 04-29-2011, 11:58 AM

Olive oil and/or vaseline for my dry skin!!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
My best friend uses....don't laugh, now....hemmoroid cream...it takes down puffiness and tightens up the skin.
I haven't tried it. But with my saggy eyelids, I'm starting to think about it...
-------------------------
I read some time ago that beauty contestants used it to remove the sagging under their eyes. They also put vaseline on their teeth for shine. And used diuretics and didn't drink anything past 8 PM the night before the contests. Tape under the boobs for that "uppity" look. Maybe a touch of liposuction for the hips.
Now don't they all look so nice and pure and natural?
the vaseline on the teeth helps with the "perpetual smile", too--it keeps your teeth and gums from drying out. and for the swim suit competition, tennis racquet grip spray on the tush, then the suit bottom "snapped" on to it, so it doesn't ride up. all together now, ladies--smile, and wave! elbow-elbow, wrist-wrist!!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:16 PM

I have the droppy eyelids also and the eye Dr. says they remove it surgically and then you'll be able to see a lot more. My aunt had it done and she said it helped her see more. I do notice that my eyes are like sandy feeling and I can't read as long. I think I'll let my body be 20 again so nothing sags. good Luck. Sue
Old 04-29-2011, 02:25 PM

I use a good moisturizer and gently massage it in around my eyes using my little fingers so I don't press too hard and damage the delicate skin.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:51 PM

I have used Avon brand face and eye cream and liked it. I currently use philosophy brand. It does make a difference. Not as good as surgery but it helps.
Old 04-29-2011, 03:12 PM

You do this on your eyelids and it helps with the droppiness? I would rather do that than have surg. Sue