Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met..................... >

Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met.....................

Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met.....................

Old 02-28-2011, 11:44 PM

Carol Burnett while she was on vacation in Honolulu,
Arthur Lyman...(was a part of his "extended music family")
France Nguyen, Mona Freeman.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jim
I met Dolly Parton when I was 19(a few yrs back). I have always loved her...She is very outgoing and very charitable. Many people see her differently ...She pays for every child born in Sevier County, Tennessee to have a book a month from birth to age 6 and a bookcase to put them in, thats just one of many things she does charitably.
Now, THAT'S classy!
Old 03-01-2011, 01:15 AM

I can't think of anyone famous I've met except one guy I went to school with who became a well-known CEO, but my grandpa, who only went through eighth grade, was a locomotive engineer, a very good one, and was chosen as engineer for Presidents Franklin Roosevelt, Truman and the Queen of Romania. They liked to go up to the locomotive to look around.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:25 AM

Daniel O'Donnell the Irish singer and Ava Barber from the Lawrence Welk show.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Come on Billy give us some names!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
Oh I dont kiss and tell, but Fred Smith was my next door neighbor for 10 years until I sold my house, downsized and moved over here.

Billy
Old 03-01-2011, 07:52 AM

I was an evening Nanny for Kevin Coster and his wife when they were making Dances With Wolves in SD. They were lovely people. This was in Oct. 88. WOuld go there after I finished classes at school where I taught.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:46 AM

Sailor Bob! When I was very young. Only "famous" person I've ever met.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:45 AM

I remember John Davidson. Great singer and very handsome. I lived in Dayton when the restaurant he was booked at burned down and he barely escaped with his life. Many people died in that fire that night....
Have met Lee Greenwood, David Cassidy, Ricky Scaggs...

Originally Posted by Julianna
I met Bob Newhart on a flight, saw (and nearly fainted) Robert Redford when we lived in Colorado and grew up in Illinois near "Buffalo Bob Smith" from the old TV show Howdy Duty. Guess that really dates me! Also some oldies were Pearl Buck and Harry Morgan whom I met at college and Bill Clinton and Barack Obama while they were campaigning. An embarrassing moment came while I was interviewing a singer at college for our newspaper. I was so nervous I forgot my name! Luckily it was on my paper. Now, does anyone remember him - John Davidson from the 1960's?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 AM

When I was stationed in Honduras I got to meet General Colin Powell up close and personal. He was there visiting troops and I happened to be "acting commander" of the medical unit at the time. What a gracious, warm and totally real person he is. Leaders like him are so hard to find.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:44 PM

I am a flight attendant and have lots, but have one really favorite story and it is about a star I never even cared for! Muhammud Ali and his wife boarded the flight early due to his Parkinson's. He was in the lavatory and one of the cabin service workers came and asked me if she could ask for his autograph (pretty much a no-no.) I asked his wife, she said to wait and ask him (so classy, she let him take care of himself instead of babying him.) When he returned to his seat, the young girl asked him. He in return asked how many people she was working with and then, with great difficulty, retrieved his briefcase from the overhead bin and gave her that many pre-signed 8 x 10 pictures of himself! That was one of the most amazing acts I have witnessed from any of my "famous passengers."