Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met..................... >

Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met.....................

Favorite F*A*M*O*U*S Person you have met.....................

Old 02-28-2011, 08:33 AM

I've met (briefly) Kevin Spacey, Chris Isaak, Thaao Penghlis, and Jennie Rayment (the Muslin Mistress). All of them were so kind and generous with their time.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:25 AM

Was invited to the White House for a reception during the last two weeks of Pres. Bush's admin. The reception was for those families of military personnel that were killed overseas. I was invited to go by my sister whose DH was killed near Bagdad. Had picture taken with Pres. Bush and received a gift, a challenge coin.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:28 AM

I went to highschool with Manny Jackson of the Harlem Globetrotters and accidentally knocked him down at a basketball game. I was a cheerleader and did a back flip without looking behind me! He was fine but I was embarrassed for weeks.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:55 AM

Bill Clinton,before he became president, he was governer at the time. Rep. Wilber Mills, Sen. Dale Bumpers, gave a shot to another Sen. but senior memories are passing me by at the time. My brother got Debbie Reynolds auto when we were in Calif for a few months one summer many years ago.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:02 AM

Goldie Hawn & Kurt Russell. Kurt's son used to play ice hockey & so did my kids. My daughter's team played against Wyatt's team and afterward Goldie came in the locker room and chatted with the girls...and Kurt was kind enough to pose for a picture with my daughter. They were both really nice folks.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Julianna
I met Bob Newhart on a flight, saw (and nearly fainted) Robert Redford when we lived in Colorado and grew up in Illinois near "Buffalo Bob Smith" from the old TV show Howdy Duty. Guess that really dates me! Also some oldies were Pearl Buck and Harry Morgan whom I met at college and Bill Clinton and Barack Obama while they were campaigning. An embarrassing moment came while I was interviewing a singer at college for our newspaper. I was so nervous I forgot my name! Luckily it was on my paper. Now, does anyone remember him - John Davidson from the 1960's?
Yes, I remember him very well!! He went to college not far from here. In fact, my Algebra II teacher in high school supposedly dated him! My mom just loved his dimples.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:15 AM

When I was 5 years old, I had a huge crush on Michael Ansara, who starred in Broken Arrow. That was back in 1958. My dad was stationed in Wichita, KS for 12 weeks with the Air Force, and my mom took me to a rodeo, where I got to meet my crush and shake his hand. I doubt he was very impressed, as my mom was carrying me.

I've also met Peter, Paul and Mary and talked to them backstage.

When I was a teenager, my girlfriend and I went to the Ohio State Fair to see Ed Ames, who was in the singing group the Ames Brothers, and also played the role of Mingo, the Oxford-educated Indian friend of Dan'l Boone (another crush of mine...I'm seeing a pattern here with the roles they played) sing in concert. We stood on folding chairs right in front of the runway, and touched his shoe as he walked past! Wow! We stayed for both concerts. That man could sing anything...and he still sings, even at age 88 or so.

Also as a teenager, my dad, who worked at Executive Jet as a dispatcher, tipped us off that Johnny Carson was flying with them. My mom and I parked by the building, and when he came out, she yelled, "Hi Johnny!" He looked a little scared.

Oh, and once in the 1980's, I was working for an accounting firm, and took a phone call from John Glenn's wife, Annie.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Banned

of all of the famous people, and there have a been quite a few, Princess Diana stands out the most. Could be that I spent more time with her than most of the others, and it was for a good cause, but she was a funny, good hearted women!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:42 AM

I met Sue Haussman and her husband Herb at an Embroidery Retreat I was working. She is the sweetest person!!
I met Martha Pullen at Sew Expo in Puyallup and had a wonderful discussion with her.
Both of these incredibly talented ladies are my mentors. So it was an incredible honor for me to meet them!!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 AM

I've met several famous folks, but the most memorable was President Bill Clinton. I actually got to shake his hand and listen to him speak to a small crowd while I was deployed to SW Asia. It was an honor.