Favorite hand lotion?

Old 01-28-2019, 03:14 AM

Default Favorite hand lotion?

It's been a long winter here in Vermont and my hands are cracked and raw. I have been using Gold Bond hand lotion but wonder if anyone out there has had any success with another brand? I don't like it too greasy because it rubs off on fabric while I'm sewing. I got something from a local quilt shop called Gloves in a Bottle but that just washes off too quickly. Help!
Old 01-28-2019, 03:51 AM

I use Baby Magic lotion. Not greasy and stays put.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:54 AM
Power Poster

Mkotch- at the risk of sounding preachy, I make all my creams and lotions. I used to have terrible eczema on my hands, so much so that they cracked and bled. All the prescriptions in the world didn't work. Finally I started making my own with wonderful ingredients like shea butter, rosehip seed oil, coconut oil, etc. and haven't had any eczema in years. They are so natural and healing. Because they tend to be greasy you only need a little bit but I no longer buy anything from the store (they are full of chemicals).
Tons of recipes on the internet. Okay, I'm done!
Old 01-28-2019, 06:27 AM

I love Udderly Smooth hand cream. It isn't greasy and I use it when I do handwork. I call it "moo cream" because the coloring on the container looks like a black and white cow hide.

https://www.amazon.com/Cracked-Finge.../dp/B06W53B4K4

Some WalMart's carry the jar and I have seen it at fabric stores.
Old 01-28-2019, 07:51 AM

At night before I go to sleep I use O'Keefe's Working Hands. It sticks around until my morning shower and it does a good job at helping heal my hands. It's available at Walmart.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:02 AM

I use Dermasil. It's not greasy and I usually find it down the dollar aisle at Dollar General. And I also and bought it at Dollar Tree.
Old 01-28-2019, 09:39 AM

I use Cetaphil moisturizing cream - Costco carries it, dermatologist recommended, no fragrance, not greasy at all, etc. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:51 AM

One thing I've heard really works with cracked hands is applying a coating of vasoline(petroleum jelly) just before bed and wearing gloves all night. Then if you use a cream during the day it will heal your hands.
I started using Eucerin recently and like how it helps. Greasy feeling a bit while putting on but I dab any excess off with a tissue and find it really helps my hands. I use it before bed.
Old 01-28-2019, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by betthequilter View Post
I love Udderly Smooth hand cream. It isn't greasy and I use it when I do handwork. I call it "moo cream" because the coloring on the container looks like a black and white cow hide.

https://www.amazon.com/Cracked-Finge.../dp/B06W53B4K4

Some WalMart's carry the jar and I have seen it at fabric stores.
Udderly Smooth original formula was for cows udders and then used for human hands because it works so well. The same thing happened with Mane and Tail shampoo. It is originally... and still ... used for horses. Great stuff! I use both on me regularly.

Also, I think vets are much better doctors than many for human doctors!
Old 01-28-2019, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by dluvs2quilt View Post
I use Dermasil. It's not greasy and I usually find it down the dollar aisle at Dollar General. And I also and bought it at Dollar Tree.
I used to get the Creamy Petroleum Jelly at Dollar Tree but they don't have it anymore!! It is great.