Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

Happy Valentine's Day!
    I wasn't worried about chocolate today but the Fed Ex truck just delivered some chocolate covered strawberries. There are only 6 so I can't go too crazy.

Blond, so sorry about your loss. I still mourn the loss of our St Bernard and she's been gone almost 13 years. Don't realize just how much you love them...
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blonde.....my heart goes out to you during your loss. I know it is a hard decision you had to make, just remember she is no longer suffering.

I love Xandy Bears picture. She was a precious loved one.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    Your Xandy Bear is a beautiful girl. I am sorry for your loss. My fur babies mean so much to me. I learn from them all the time. I think they are God's gift and model of love.
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Blog Entries
    It's going to be hard for me today. I am worried about gaining some back.

Susan

Blondeslave, I'm so sorry for your loss. Xandy Bear looked very regal in her queen outfit. It's a hard decision to put a loved one down but sometimes it is the best decision for them.

Blog Entries
    Blondeslave so sorry for your loss. I know your fur babies are so precious to you. Xandy Bear is adorable in her outfit. My DH usually gets me a box of chocolates for Valentines Day. He then eats half of it. This year he got me 2 quarts of strawberries and 2 pounds of asparagus. 2 of my favorite foods. We have a huge garden so it really bothers him to buy these kind of things because I have them in the freezer. We don't really do much for Valentines day. If we have a good idea we get each other something. I got him a Zero candy bar. They are his favorite and really hard to find.
    I am off tomorrow and MOnday, so a 4 day weekend. WOO HOO!

I did some computr searching and talked with someone at BellaNutra nutrition. If you google them, the web site comes up with their overall plan - break down into 4 sections. I called and talked at length with one of their counselors. I am on medicare and they do not cover any type of weight loss program and cannot afford their program myself, so it is not for me in that respect. However, the lady did tell me the biggest things that would help anyone lose weight were to pay attention to - and cut out - white rice, white bread, artificial sweeteners (all of them), processed foods, alcohol and diet sodas. She said the sweeteners are basically in everything we eat. If you use them, switch to Stevia and use 1/4 the amount you are usually using - it will still be plenty sweet. The biggest road block for me is the white rice and I buy lots of canned items to use in my cooking, but it is processed and probably has the 'no-nos' already in the prep. She said even Lean Cuisine meals are verboten as they are processed foods and contain things we shouldn't eat. I'm going to revamp my pantry, but it will take some time to clear out the not so good stuff. The program doesn't provide meals for you to eat, they basically teach you what to buy at the market that will give you the lift you need.
    Kathleen

Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

Blog Entries
    Vanogay my family would never eat brown rice until I started making brown basmati rice. They all like it. I am trying to cut out white foods myself. Also processed foods and artificial sweeteners. Processed food aren't too difficult for me but the white food and artificial sweeteners will be hard. Good luck.

So sorry about XandyBear! She sure is beautiful in your picture. It is comforting to know we will see them again.
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Went for my weigh in today. I had lost another 3.2 lbs. since Monday. I've been sick with sore throat, itchy ears, headache, and fever and coughing. I'm better today but last night I was miserable. Temp got to 101.6 and I was hurting all over. Today it was just 99.6 I guess I'll rub some more Vicks on my chest and on my feet. That seemed to help last night with the coughing. I'm ready for this mess to be over with!

TeddyBear Lady.......received your FQ on Wednesday. It is fine as far as color.

As of now we have 19 beautiful FQ's aka skinny quarters. When the ones to be rec'd the winner should get 23.

If anyone else hasn't mailed theirs please do so and let me know. I have about 3-4 people to still receive them from.

Keep up your hard work on losing your weight.
    Last edited by createfourpaws; 02-15-2013 at 05:52 AM.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Blog Entries
    My FQ is going in the mail today for sure! been on my desk all week to send but never found that darn ole
    "roundtoit" to get it done! lol
    Lisa B in NC
    Quilting is my Happy Thought!
    http://www.quiltingkrazy.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Teddybear Lady that is good news on your weight loss, and I hope you feel better soon. I did terrible yesterday, but I am back with it today. I have found from my past experiences that if I don't dwell on a bad day, and just get back the next day then usually I may have not lost on the bad day, but it doesn't cause me to gain.

Being sick sometimes can be a hard one for me too if it's where I can't concentrate on what I am doing. For me I have to be aware of what I doing.

In the spring I do better too when I can just walk around my yard and check on plants that may be coming up. I love my flower garden. I can't do much, but I can tend to them, and check the soil around them etc. It feels so relaxing to me also.

My sewing is the same way. When I am sewing I can more avoid thinking about food.

Have a nice day everyone.

Susan

Blog Entries
    I am working on a wall hanging right now, and it seems like I am going so slow.

Susan

So true, when you have a bad eating day, don't throw everything away coz of 1 bad day. Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning. Start all over again.

I am hoping to spend lots of time over the weekend working on the T-shirt quilt and get the top done before going back to work on Tuesday.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    I hope you get it finished Cindy. I know it will start your week out nicely, but have a nice week anyway.

Susan

Blog Entries
    Well, i blew away yesterday. I did really good all the way until I had to sit up late last night, and finally got hungry, and ate the biggest sandwich you ever seen. Oh Well.

Susan

well, according to my scale, I have dropped another 2 pounds, for a total of 8 since the first of the year.
    I am over the moon!
    (I keep cheese sticks in fridge for protein and a boiled egg white only has 17 calories. A couple of those are very filling.)
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    Mousie that is great. I have done well today so far, but it's the rest of tonight I have to get through. I need to pick me up some of those cheese sticks. I like them, and they are good to have on hand . There are some of those frozen vegetables with sauces I like, and they are very reasonable on the calories. One night I had some brussel sprouts in a sauce that was my main meal.

Susan

Blog Entries
    My DD and SIL and grandson are here this weekend so I have been very bad. It was my DD birthday so we have chocolate praline cake. I am so glad it is gone since it is my favorite. Back on the wagon tomorrow. We just eat way too much junk when they are here. I haven't gotten any exercise either.

Well I don't feel like I got as much done as I wanted to on my 4 days off. I know I have one more day to go but it has just been crazy running around. Took my little Lucy to the groomers and then the vet for her shots, dad to the doctors for his check up. Mom grocery shopping and to Hobby Lobby she wanted a stamped cross stitch item to have to work on. and with the grocery shopping that was 2 stores...... so food is bought for the next 2 weeks. I know a lot was done, but not the way I had hoped it would. Also had 2 dates this weekend so all in all it was productive just not the way I had planned.

I didn't get started on my t-shirt quilt until late this afternoon, it is about 3/4th done on the top. It is going to be finished by tomorrow before I go back to work on Tuesday. Then I can make plans to talk withthe person it is for and see what she wants for the back. So far I am only nto able to get 1 shirt in the top will put that on the back. Will also find out if she want a quilt label other than saying I made it.

After this t-shirt quilt is done, I am going to make another quilt from they scrappy mystery train ride for a different friend before I start another t-shirt quilt where there are about 60 t-shirts, so that will be 2 quilts.

Junebillie---- remember you need to eat throughtout the day and not have just 1 big meal, smaller meals throughtout the day.

Mousie ---- keep up the good work.

Meanmom --- go for the small portion size not a full slice of cake.

Back to the quilting after I get me some dinner. Once I find the stove top and counters. LOL need to finish putting the non parishable items away.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

Blog Entries
    Cindy I already ate the full slice of cake. It was very good. I had my parents and uncle over for dinner too.Most of the goodies are gone.Back to eating right today. I aslo need to exercise today. My DD, SIL and GS are grazers and eat all day long. They are such a bad influence on me. This is a pretty lame excuse for poor eating.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    Cindy I already ate the full slice of cake. It was very good. I had my parents and uncle over for dinner too.Most of the goodies are gone.Back to eating right today. I aslo need to exercise today. My DD, SIL and GS are grazers and eat all day long. They are such a bad influence on me. This is a pretty lame excuse for poor eating.
    Grazing.........I wonder if we make wise choices, if that would be a good way to keep the blood sugars from having so many peaks and valleys.

Well what you can do next time is remember to only have a small slice then you won't feel so guilty for having a piece of cake. I personally find if I am wanting something if I have a small piece I am usually satisfied.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

I feel you, meanmom. I had company too. Talk about grazers. My daughters baby is due this week and she eats constantly. It's hard to not have a few bites yourself when there is always food out. The last of the cookies are in the freezer waiting for a meeting next week.
    DD decided she needs a hat for the baby to wear home from the hospital. Today is kind of busy so hopefully I can finish the girl hat tomorrow. The boy hat is done.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast