Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize >

February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

Old 02-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Power Poster

I've got a long weigh to go but right now I am under any weight that has shown up on my scale for the past six months!
I am excited. I bought some ankle weights to wear while using my Gazelle.
So far this year I have lost 5 pounds. I am gobsmacked about it!
Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
I've got a long weigh to go but right now I am under any weight that has shown up on my scale for the past six months!
I am excited. I bought some ankle weights to wear while using my Gazelle.
So far this year I have lost 5 pounds. I am gobsmacked about it!
I have a Gazelle too! I finally cleared it off so I could get on it. Used it for hanging husbands hats and my camera and jackets and...well you get the picture. I'm going to make an effort to get started back on it. I go for my weigh-in tomorrow, Thursday. I weigh in on Mondays and Thursdays. This past Monday I was down another lb. I sometimes think I'm going to drown if I have to drink any more water, but I finally get it down.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Debbie
The Teddybear Lady
Old 02-07-2013, 03:54 AM

Shadow, glad you're home safely from the Big Easy. Send us a brief recounting of your wonderful weekend in the city. I'd love to hear about it - where'd you eat, that sort. I guess I miss New Orleans although I'd never go back there - except for a visit.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:53 AM

I'm keeping busy & away from the kitchen. Trying to use some of my stash up over this winter & finish projects I've got going. So far so good.
Debbie, My Bowflex must be related to your Gazelle. I finally found the seat yesterday. So far can't find the instructions for changing it around for different exercises & haven't found them online either. I'll just have to do the leg lifts forever, as this is how I left it a couple yrs ago.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:58 AM

my gazelle relocated to my daughters house. thx cindy, i'll cut FQ's today. off to sew. everyone's getting over colds in the house thx to the little grdsn. he's off to preschool today.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
I am glad to be with all of you doing this. It is hard for me too with so many meds. Last year I had lost 70 pounds, but after my mother died, I didn't watch calories again. Just gained it all back since then. I am ready now to start again. With lupus, sjogren's, fibromyalgis,etc. I need to keep trying.
JuneBillie --- we have the same problems. Exercise is a no for me as I can add Sciatica (severe) to my list of problems. Started "Sit and Be Fit" on PBS. This is my Fibro week - ache all over, fatigue, etc.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:06 PM

I have been doing OK this month. Not good not bad so far. Joining WW again on Saturday. I was going last week but the weather was really bad. I need someone to see my weight every week to keep me in line. I need a couple of yummy low calorie recipes for desserts. I have an all day charity sew in on Saturday and poker Saturday night. I need a dessert for both. I know I won't be able to stay out of it completely so I need something I can eat.

Pat
Old 02-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
I have a Gazelle too! I finally cleared it off so I could get on it. Used it for hanging husbands hats and my camera and jackets and...well you get the picture. I'm going to make an effort to get started back on it. I go for my weigh-in tomorrow, Thursday. I weigh in on Mondays and Thursdays. This past Monday I was down another lb. I sometimes think I'm going to drown if I have to drink any more water, but I finally get it down.

Hope everyone has a good week.
Debbie
The Teddybear Lady
hot dog...I have mine in the guest room with a tv, a fan and a timer.
It's the most pleasant way of exercising that I have experienced and I love it.
My dgmouslings think it's good for playing monkey bars on.
I'm guessing you either make or collect teddy bears
I'm a big fan!
I don't weigh every day either. I definitely would enjoy being smaller, but my biggest motivation was how tired I was feeling.
I didn't want to do anything and now I do
My DSON IL just offered me some red velvet ice cream and i am going home to eat my salad.
I had read online something before Christmas that helps me when I am tempted to quit something:
"think about the day you give/receive/finish/arrive at your goal. At that moment it will all be worth it."
That keeps me on track, imagining what I want coming to fruition!
(my doc reccommended an HOUR a day cardio 7 days a week!)
At first I thought, "Whoa!" but then bc I have needed to lose for so long, I accepted at least there was a way.
I bought some 1.5 ankle weights and I am already losing with the cut in calories, (hi protein-low carbs)...so I know I won't have to do 60 minutes.
I am a giggling, happy-dancing mousie.
Let me know how you are doing on yours!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pete View Post
JuneBillie --- we have the same problems. Exercise is a no for me as I can add Sciatica (severe) to my list of problems. Started "Sit and Be Fit" on PBS. This is my Fibro week - ache all over, fatigue, etc.
oh, I have fibromyalgia too and I do find exercise to help.
Whichever way you have to do it, you'll be glad, but I'm sure you know not to overdo.
Have you ever heard of the "spoon theory"?
For those of us with chronic maladies it describes our days perfectly.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM

Here's something very interesting. I hope the link works. Kind of long (14 min) but well worth a look.
Forget Cholesterol, Inflammation's the Real Enemy - CBN.com
www.youtube.comA growing number of medical experts say weight gain, heart disease, and other illnesses are not caused by high cholesterol, but by something different: infla...

<form rel="async" class="live_425853584161641_316526391751760 commentable_item collapsed_comments autoexpand_mode" method="post" action="https://www.facebook.com/ajax/ufi/modify.php" data-live="{"seq":0}" id="u_jsonp_4_y" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; "></form>