Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize >

February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

Old 02-07-2013, 08:47 PM

Heard back from airwick this evening. She is so thankful for all of us so willing to share with her. She said she was collecting browns and tans, likes all colors, sunflowers and butterflies. with the browns and tans, she wants to make herself a quilt.

I mailed out her winnings today along with a rotary cutter, and some of my stash. She should have it on Sunday. She has her sewing machine, a seam ripper, and a pair of scissors.

So if anyone wants to send her something, send me a PM and I will give you her address. She has said it is ok to share.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Heard back from airwick this evening. She is so thankful for all of us so willing to share with her. She said she was collecting browns and tans, likes all colors, sunflowers and butterflies. with the browns and tans, she wants to make herself a quilt.

I mailed out her winnings today along with a rotary cutter, and some of my stash. She should have it on Sunday. She has her sewing machine, a seam ripper, and a pair of scissors.

So if anyone wants to send her something, send me a PM and I will give you her address. She has said it is ok to share.
I thought maybe sending a JoAnns gift card for rulers,mat or whatever other tools she wants/needs instead of risking duplicating what she may receive.....what do you think?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Shadowirish View Post
I thought maybe sending a JoAnns gift card for rulers,mat or whatever other tools she wants/needs instead of risking duplicating what she may receive.....what do you think?
Sounds like a great idea. I know she will be greatful for whatever she receives. I was thinking the same thing.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
Shadow, glad you're home safely from the Big Easy. Send us a brief recounting of your wonderful weekend in the city. I'd love to hear about it - where'd you eat, that sort. I guess I miss New Orleans although I'd never go back there - except for a visit.
Vanogay, we did have wonderful time. Did some tourist stuff-took a city tour (cemetery, Lake P, Katrina affected areas, Garden district, French Qtr, etc) rode the trolleys most everywhere they go, and of course Bourbon St ( which was a mad house) and lots of NFL stuff. We ate most of our meals in local small establishments- boy do they know how to make biscuits! We did do one fancy restaurant on Decatur St. but mostly stayed with the mom and pop kind of places....good food for sure! And of course not forgetting Cafe Du Monde and had to come home with some pralines. There was lots of security everywhere,2 to 4 cops on nearly every block, on foot, horseback,patrol cars or motorcycles, so even on Bourbon St you felt safe. Everyone was friendly and helpful (and talkative).
Good times making good memories.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
Sounds like a great idea. I know she will be greatful for whatever she receives. I was thinking the same thing.
Do we know if there is a JoAnns that she can get to?
Old 02-08-2013, 03:48 AM

Morning ladies, as I sit here and yawn. It's going to be one of those weekends!! And I have to work. This is my 3 day work weekend. Hopefully the days will go by quickly for me. It's rainy and cold here. They keep saying "snow", but it's just rain, rain, rain!!! It's suppose to change to snow later tonight, which I'm hoping it does. I really need to see some of the white stuff!!!!! But don't evny those in the upper Northeast today!! They're going to get bombed. Hope they all stay safe!!!!

Well, I'm out.....later chickies!!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:59 AM

Just checking in for the week. everyone seems to be doing great and everything is upbeat.
lisa
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 AM

I just checked and there is a JoAnn's in airwick's city. I have a nice assortment of things to send out to her.
I had my choice of weighing in yesterday or today. I chose today thinking that I might lose a little more. Nope. Gained .6 instead. Such is life. I think my Thai food last night had too much sodium.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:02 AM

Good morning ladies,

Well I had my follow up appointment with the doctor yesterday, UGH I have agained 10 lbs since starting on the insulin again. I have to figure out what to do to get regulated and lose this weight again. My jeans are getting tight again and I got rid of most of the stuff that was too big.

I am glad to see all the support we are giving Airwick. She still needs our prayers.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

Well I know I have lost, but my scale has gone kerplunk. I guess I need to start looking for a new one, but I had first weighed in at my Drs.office so that is good. Until I get a scale, I might go over there, and ask if I could sneak in and weigh.

The other day we went to pick up some things needed at the store, and then I went in to pick up pizza for everyone else, but I did not eat any of it. I did indulge in a McDonald's icecream cone. They are low fat, and 170 calories. I love them, so if out, and my husband is getting all kinds of yummy things, I will get me one of these, and it helps.

Pete, and Mousie, yes it is very different with severe health issues trying to figure out how to exercise. My Rhuematologist suggests mostly range of motion movements which can be done sitting in a chair, and to walk if I can.

Sewing always helps me to not think about eating, and it's relaxing too.