Finally, victory!

Old 10-03-2018, 03:59 AM

Don't believe she was spraying directly on the motor.....I can't see the motor on mine...it is perfectly fine to spray in the bag, which she should do....the spider may be living in the bag. A motor will not explode from bug spray.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:02 AM

Thanks, Battle Axe, for reminding us that the bite of a brown recluse dissolves surrounding flesh. When I worked at a hospital, one of the worst wounds I saw was from the bite of a brown recluse and it required hospitalization.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:29 AM

I make a bug and spider repellent that my aunt taught me. Buy a small bottle of peppermint oil, and one of basil oil.pour into a sprayer bottle with a quick squirt of dishsoap. Fill the bottle with cool water. Shake before each use. I spray around my doors and windows each time they are opened and along the base of the house outside and along the top and bttom of all my walls once a year. I have not seen a big or spider in years. I hate bugs. I want them all dead, yes, I know that is impossible and they do preform a service for us, but they get the whole world, as long as they stay away from me!
Old 10-03-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by mamagrande View Post
I had so many spider webs on the front and back porch..yesterday I spent most of the day washing them off. Then I spray insecticide all around the porches. This morning I saw several black widows dead on the front porch. We have rocks on the sides of the porch and they build their nests in between the rocks. I intentionally spray on those rocks and crannies several times a year. The webs of black widows are very strong and they differ from other spiders webs.
I grew up in the San Joaquin Valley, and black widows were so common, we played with them with sticks. Never occurred to me to be worried. However, my sister was very afraid of spiders and would not get into bed at night without turning back each layer of the covers and turning out the pillowcase to make sure there was not one in her bed. From her I learned to fear spiders, but now we are friends again, as long as they stay in their area and out of mine. LOL
Old 10-03-2018, 12:59 PM

I am not usually overly bothered by wasps, but I was welding on a trailer one day and they seemed to be irritated. I turned off the torch and looked around. Oops their nest was in the coil spring on the trailer. That wasn't going to work. I fired up the torch, re-adjusted it and tested the flame length. I put the heat near their home and hit the oxygen lever. 1 1/2 foot of flame solved the problem for me. Crispy critters.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:13 AM

So sorry to hear of the murder of innocent creatures. Capital punishment for being seen. I lived with 4 black widows in Africa. I knew where they lived and we got along fine.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:36 AM

Good for you! Doing something is the best therapy, especially doing something creative on the sewing machine.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
I killed a scorpion long ago but never found the mate if there was one.
You're lucky it was only one. I have seen 19 of them in less than ten years. Yick!
Old 10-14-2018, 06:49 AM

In the farming sections of the USA, the MFA sells a concentrated liquid to spray around the outside of the house once or twice a year that prevents any bug or spider from coming in the house. Neighbor uses it because so many grands and great-grands craw on her floors.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:51 PM

What's MFA? (Something.... Farmer's Association?)