fleas----help

Old 01-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

Use a bug bomb in your house...wash everything afterward....
Old 01-11-2014, 09:27 PM

put a few drops of peppermint oil in there beds. ants and flea,s hate the smell of peppermint works real good also get a orange fruit cut in half then rub the half orange on there fur backs and legs and tails that also works ,that is what I use for my dogs
Old 01-11-2014, 10:11 PM

I agree about using borax powder. It worked better than the bombs. I bought 20 Mule Team powder from the grocery store and it did the trick.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:25 PM

sorry the doggies beds I mean
Old 01-12-2014, 07:43 PM

Someone told me once to get extra flea applications and put some drops everywhere along the baseboard on the carpet and in corners and doorways..., yes make sure you vac every day, try the borax and Baking soda mentioned above, just keep your dogs or cats out of there, I have heard to use Joy dish soap to wash your dogs in , use apple cider in the water when you rinse the dogs... use herbal formula in the dogs bed...etc... I even made herbal/spice filled cloth collars for the dogs one year... Fleas dont' seem to bother my dog..
Old 01-13-2014, 05:00 PM

Default update on help with fleas

We ended up taking the dogs to a vet. He gave us a different kind of flea medication. Said in florida you have to use a certain kind because of the climate, it rains almost every day here. So, they are doing much much better now. Maybe the rest of our stay will be better. The weather is so much nicer here than home. Thanks again for all the replys of what to do.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:03 PM

Borax is toxic to cats, and in higher concentrations can cause problems for dogs too. Problems can include nausea, vomiting, muscle weakness, seizures and kidney damage. Please before you use borax around animals read up on the problems. You can also ask your vet about what to use for fleas.
Years ago my husband worked as a cruelty investigator for animal control, and at the animal shelter all they used was bleach water. One cup of bleach to a gallon of water was sprayed outside on the grass once a week without damaging the grass; and in the animals cages after each animal left or about every three days. Obviously you can't use bleach water inside but when sprayed outside it can be part of your fight to keep your fur babies pest free. Also the dogs were dipped in an anti-flea product when they arrived at the shelter. DH doesn't remember which one.