fleas----help

Old 01-11-2014, 06:15 AM

Please Bomb your house. This has to be done twice. Our daughter had fleas in her Apt and doesn't even own a dog/cat. Came in thought the vents.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:20 AM

it cost me over $100 a month ago to get rid of the dogs....sprayed the house, bathed, put stuff on dog that was gotten at the vets...I was told there is a cycle to fleas and you have to break that cycle...egg...hatch....adult...more eggs. the stuff I put behind her ears seemed to do the trick...now flea free LOL
Old 01-11-2014, 07:50 AM

Sprinkle borax leave for 20 minutes then vacuum. We had fleas at one time and borax did the trick. They don't come back either. One of my Aunts bought an apartment building and it had roaches, borax worked to get rid of them. This is how I knew about borax to treat my home for fleas, and no I've never had roaches or any other kind of bugs.

Last edited by Mamia; 01-11-2014 at 08:01 AM. Reason: just wanted to add the source
Old 01-11-2014, 07:58 AM

Call an exterminator. I have a man come every quarter to spray the outside of the house and yard and twice a year for the inside. No fleas of other varmints.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:52 AM

The same thing happened to me. We bought the flea bombs from Home Depot, they worked for about 3 days. We did this twice and finally decided to hire an exterminator. It worked and I was so relieved. I tried all the natural things, was washing the sheets daily, we don't have wall to wall carpet so we took the area rugs outside and hubby steam cleaned them. I swept,and mopped until I was blue in the face. I was so upset and distraught, all the work for nothing and I was the only one getting bitten. Now I know how a animal feels when it has fleas.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:54 AM

Wash your dogs in the (blue) Dawn dishwashing liquid. It will kill the fleas. Also there is a type of powder that can be sprinkled on your carpet but, can't remember the name of the product. Sorry.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:32 AM

Our dog got fleas once, and a bomb was the only thing that cleared it up.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:52 AM

I am a retired vet tech. We would recommend to our clients to always lay a few mothballs balls on the floor, vacuum them up then vacuum like normal. Fleas, larva, and eggs can live live, hatch and and reinfest your home. The mothballs prevent this as it kills them. I would suggest vacuuming everyday until you do't see them anymore. I would strongly suggest to bomb your house using a bomb for each room.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:01 AM

I tried bombing the house cleaning everything, but as long as the dogs are in the house the fleas will continue. Frontline works!!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
I don't envy you a bit. We use Preventic flea and tick colors. If you have carpet get some salt and baking soda. My sister had a horrible problem when she moved into her new home (rental). She spread the salt and baking soda all over the carpet and the other flooring. It burns the fleas and their eggs. She has a shitzu and even sprinkled some on her. She said she saw the fleas fall off her dog. After couple days she vacuumed her carpet and swept the floors. The landlord replaced the carpet. Worst infestation she ever had experienced. But the salt and soda worked because of the sodium.
I never heard of using salt and baking soda but will try this if I ever have fleas in my home really bad.