Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Flip Flops - Is It Just Us? >

Flip Flops - Is It Just Us?

Flip Flops - Is It Just Us?

Old 07-18-2011, 04:42 AM

I love flip flops, but only the kind that do NOT attach like that. The ones that attach at the sides are so much more comfortable. My favorites are Nike ones that are made of neoprene. Very comfy. A little pricey, so I buy when they are Buy 1 Get 1 1/2 price. I wear them as slippers too. I go thru a couple of pairs a year because I use them so much!
Old 07-18-2011, 04:49 AM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by coachmatthewsvhs

Where did you buy this wonder product? How much?
Hope this works
[img]http://www.carolwrightgifts.com/imag...s/84483_xl.jpg[/img]

Just Google Easy Feet. They're $9.99. I got mine at Michael's with a 40% off coupon! :) You can probably get them at Bed, Bath and Beyond or online at Carol Wright. Just tried it with some Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap. Wow! Refreshing!

Also, I don't wear those croc type shoes anymore. Unfortunately - especially after a day of fishing or gardening I end up with a polka dot tan that stays well into the winter! And yes, they do get slippery when wet.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:06 AM

I don't wear them, hate anything between my toes. Right now I have a broken bone in my foot, so I have to wear tennis shoes (better support) and have a dancers pad to protect the break. Foot doctor told me to never wear flip flops (no support and years to come will have problems with your feet).
Old 07-18-2011, 05:11 AM

I wear flip flops in the summer up here in norther MN. I can't wear the cheap ones, but have a good pair with an arch support. I can wear these all day.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:52 AM

I tend to get the flip-flops that have a fabric/fabric-type strap. The plastic kind just wears a HUGE blister in that area. I also tend to wear them around the house.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:07 AM

I LIVE in flip flops or go barefoot. You really need to get a good pair, such as Teva. The strip between the toe is fabric and they have great support. We go to HI every year and I wear them and walk miles and miles each day. I prefer flip flps over walking shoes, such as Keen (which I also have). I'd wear them outside in the winter, but, drats, it gets too cold. Life would just not be the same without my flip flops:)
Old 07-18-2011, 06:33 AM

I have the best brand. They are a bit expensive, but I wear them from April till October. Check out Fit Flops on line. They have a thicker sole which is so comfortable on a 65 year olds feet. They come in soooo many colors and styles. I can't say enough good things about these fit flops. Notice the l is not in the name.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:49 AM

I have the Easyfeet foot cleaner too! Love it. Got it at Target for $9.
I wear thongs (teehee) OK, flip flops all the time in the summer because my feet get so darn hot in anything else. But with a history of plantar faschitis I wear only ones with arches built in. They are Orthaheel brand and are $65 big ones but my feet don't hurt in them. That makes them worth the price.
Old 07-18-2011, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

I don't wear Flip Flops or any shoe with a strap between the toe. DH had a foot injury and his podiatrist said flip flops were the worse shoe anyone could wear every day, especially children. They are a very inexpensive style of shoe to make so shoe manufacturers want them to stay on everyone's feet. My kids wore them to camp, swimming pools, sleep overs and the beach but not for everyday shoes.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:16 AM

Crocs are dangerous. Flip Flops - I cannot stand the thing between my toes. Look at your toes. Depends on if there is room for somethng! Also there is NO SUPPORT in flip-flops. This can cause lots of problems for your body.