Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flooding!

Blog Entries
    My area was pretty flooded today... and there are area's that were not flooded this morning that are starting to flood now... I wish I had the camera! I have these photos which I got from my moms friend, and she took these from her porch. We didn't get it that bad on our side of the tracks (we live in the same town).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    OH! I forgot to mention... It's so bad, that a few of our freeways were abandoned and there were a TON of cars that were abandoned! We were in Elmhurst and there was a car trapped in the water, completely covered.

Wow, stay safe.

Sorry to hear that. My town just got hit BAD with flooding. 4 people died in it, our little town only has 4000 people. It's terrible here right now. It looks like a hurricane hit it.

That's too much of a good thing!! :|

Blog Entries
    Parts of NE Iowa have flooded this past weekend,too. Then today the dam on Lake Delhi broke and caused even more flooding down the Maquoketa River. So tragic for all those people who have been deluged with water. I have helped clean up after floods--it's no picnic.

keep safe

It seems this year we have a choice of too much rain or too hot. No middle ground.

Oh my gosh. Horrible. Keep us posted.

Its really bad here too, even little creks out here were washed over the roads!

That's awful. My heart goes out to everyone and I hope you and yours remain dry and SAFE!

We also had lots of rain...some flooding, power outages...We still had power last night, but my parents only 3 miles away were out for several hours. Hubby and I went over to haul the generator up by the house from the garage and then he had to hook it up. I took as many fans as I had and a couple of extension cords...one outlet in the kitchen is hooked up for the generator as well as the sump pump, fridge and the basement freezer. It was reallly hot and humid yesterday...at least the temperature went down a bit because of the rain.

Blog Entries
    I wish I had photos of one of the cemeteries we passed, it was flooded. We had to takemy niece to the doctor today, and we ended up getting lost.

I'm not sure if you can view this, but this is off my moms friends page, it's a video!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=1421672714663

Blog Entries
    More photos for your viewing...

My friend sent me a photo of the local cemetery (located on the other side.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not fair! That one shot was of the bridge over the DesPlaines River....You live near the circle, right? My son used to take music lessons in the circle probably before you were born...near the dance studio. There used to be a really good Italian bakery a couple of stores down...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    Not fair! That one shot was of the bridge over the DesPlaines River....You live near the circle, right? My son used to take music lessons in the circle probably before you were born...near the dance studio. There used to be a really good Italian bakery a couple of stores down...
    The bakery is no longer there! It is vacant now, the last bakery that was there was not that good, and the one before that was fantastically awesome!

Now the only good Italian bakeries are Rueters and Liborios. And I guess Caputos can count too... which they moved to Grand and Harlem.

I live near the circle, but on the golf course side of the tracks.

The dance studio is still there and so is the music studio (I think). The bar that was in the circle is now a cake bakery and is supposed to have great cakes... but I'm not sure, since it only opened three weeks ago.

I think the bread at Liborio's is the best....I will occasionally drive down there for good bread if I am making meatballs. I don't think I've been there this year. Cake bakery? interesting...I wonder if it is Cake Girls? They had a bad fire earlier this year....they are on one of the tv shows about wedding cakes.

My son is lead guitarist in a band and they will be playing in a battle of the bands at Arlington Park next Friday...they will preform between races, against 2 other bands...the winner gets to preform in a big concert. Bands name is "Back Alley Rumble"??? I keep forgetting the name...I remember the former name.

Blog Entries
    No, they are Sweet and Sassy (I think, i'm not sure) We'll see how long they last. The last place that was there only lasted a year and a half... and the one before that was only a year... and the one before that a year to six months, and then before that one was the bar, since the bar went out of business no place has been able to stay in that location.

Liborios does have great bread!

We actually like Turano bread too, and they are located in Oak Park.

OMG!

Oh my that is terrible. I didn't know there was flooding up north of me. I have a lot of relatives in that direction. Glad you are OK and hope my relatives are too. I'll have to give them a call.

Flooding would be the pits, some areas around St. Louis have floods. We our on one of the highest parts of Missouri and will never have to worry about it. Some not real far from us have the worry.

Gosh, that is awaful. Hope it doesn't get any worse for you all.

My DS is on his way to Springfield. MO tomorrow. I better let him know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wvdek
    Gosh, that is awaful. Hope it doesn't get any worse for you all.

My DS is on his way to Springfield. MO tomorrow. I better let him know.
    The flooding receded... but that was just our area... not sure about other.s

Wow, what a disastrous mess to clean up after. Glad you are not affected, but stay safe. I can only imagine all the health implications the flooding will cause.

Blog Entries
    I am sorry for the problems that you are having. :( So far this year we are ok....for now. Other than the sanitary sewer backing up in our basement.... :( YUK!!! I'm just hoping that we won't have problems here in Iowa like we did in 2008...people and communities are still trying to recover from that :(

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast