Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: floppy arm thingy

I think I can deal with flappy arms...easy to hide. It's when your eyebrows start growing on your chin that you know you're in trouble. I have become great friends with the tweezers and mirror!

Blog Entries
    My 6yr old niece told me that all grandmothers had them. I don't know if that's true but I do. And yes, sometimes they bother me. I was going to a class this past week and started to do my normal putting a longer sleeve shirt on and I stopped myself. Most of those women are my age and I'm sure they all have things about thier bodies they don't like either. It was too hot to wear a long sleeve shirt. Now I'm more vain when I'm at work and see alot more people. I once looked into the surgery to remove it and decided the scar from it would look worse than the flabby arms. I call them my battle scars from all of those years of being overweight and not losing it until after by body quit bouncing back to the youthful appearance it did when I was younger.

You gals have it all wrong..those are not floppy arms, they are angel wings!!

LOL

Thanks for posting, it brought back lots of memories of driving, from the Toledo area, to the vet in North Ridgeville,. We call him Dr Hutch

This is totally unrelated to floppy arms, but years ago, I made an appt with him. He's well known for reproductive work for dogs, and my girl was at the exact stage in her heat that a surgical implant, of the sperm I got from Ca and waiting at Hutch's, should be implanted in her uterus. The sperm was thawing, and couldn't be refrozen.

So I got about 20 minutes from his clinic, on the turnpike,and stopped to pee. I had driven my husband's truck because this was so importnat, that it be done on this day, and we figured the truck was more reliable.

I come out of the rest stop, and I can't get the truck started. I was frantic! A guy and his wife tried to get it to go, and, it might have been stupid of me, but a young guy who was going that way, and heard the story of a dog that needed to make babies, took us. He offered to do this before he even knew what kind of dog I had, for all he knew, I had a big ol' stinky St Bernard.

We talked a little along the way, and he was going to Cleveland to look into starting a bakery!

(We made it, my girl had her surgery, that resulted in 7 puppies, and my husband came to see the truck. It was such a minir thing, whenever it was parked with the front tires against a curb, like in a parking lot, the gear shift thing had to be moved really hard, and since the vehicle was new, I didn't want to force it. It was extremely easy for him to shift it.)

Thanks for the memories

As we get older we all have the same problem. I am not over weight and have little pockets of flab that flaps. Then to top that off I have skin that wrinkles when I stand up!! I look at my legs and think .......when did I buy a baby elephant with all those little wrinkles!! It's so hot here in Texas that I do wear sleevless shirts and bermuda shorts just to try and keep cool. I think to my self that God made me this way and if people don't like it they can look the other way..

Blog Entries
    It's easy to tone your upper arms. Mine tightened up in a few months doing arm exercises for 15 min a day. You can do them sitting down. I still have a way to go before looking nice in sleeveless but I can tell a big difference just looking at pics of me of before. I believe if something about my appearance doesn't please me then do something to improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    Lands End has shirts with elbow length sleeves. I have seen them other places, but have only bought one from Lands End. I love it. It's just the right length. Some places call them half sleeve. They are a little bit cooler than the 3/4 sleeve shirts.
    Glad the Land's End ones fit you. I find that by the time I get a big enough size to fit my arms, the body is WAY big. If the body fits, the sleeves look like a stuffed sausage! So I go sleeveless. I'd rather be floopy than stuffed! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maryb119
    I don't wear sleeveless anything any more. I have "bat wings".
    I earned my bat wings losing over 100 lbs. As awful as it may seem to you, I love my bat wings. They are my badge of accomplishment! I never liked the sleeveless look, but now, not so much.

ROTFL I love this site. I can relate to most of these kind of posts. Thanks for the laughs.

Bat wings, pelicans you ladies crack me up.

nab
    I don't wear them because my upper arms are so white from being covered all the time and not going out in the sun. I do not care if my arms a floppy if you do not like looking at me don't. I too do not understand why our arms get the way they do with age, but they do. It will happen to the majority of us. I have learned to be comfortable with myself. I do not wear things that are not proper or show too much but arms are arms.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4