floppy arm thingy

Old 06-25-2011, 11:26 AM

Manufacturers, we aren't asking much. Please just a little longer sleeve than those cap sleeves. It is hard enough to find a shirt to skim the belly, only to find the sleeves are too short. I think even losing weight is still going to leave us with flabby arms after the menopause stage of life, lol.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:38 AM

I lost a lot fof weight while takeing chemo and now I am afraid of waving good by to anyone for fear I will slap myself in the face. Now, we won't talk about stomachs and laughing........
Old 06-25-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
I agree !!! I don't want 3/4 sleeves in the summer !!! Just a longer, short sleeve!!
I agree 100%. However, the clothing is made for the younger generation and not for us. Not only do my arms look flappy/floppy, they also look like they're made of crepe paper. My skin is so thin and fair it is disgusting, but that's all that God saw fit to give me, so I try to be thankful for what I have.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:53 PM

My brother cleared up the Why of the Bingo Wings He said we are no longer doing as many houehold chores, now that we are empty nesters Our kids kept us in shape. I never liked shorts they are uncomfortable The only time I wear them is when I go fishing because I always end up in the lake And my idea of dressing up is aT-shirt with-out stains and a pair of jeans with the knees and backside still intact :-) I figure I am what I am because of all that I did and had a wonderful journey getting here!
Old 06-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Banned

flying squirrels in drag is what we are called especially those who have lost a lot weight....I wear tanks because when it is 109 outside I do not give a flying flip about what others think about my arms...

I have had to look at far worse body parts in MORE cloth...
Old 06-25-2011, 02:09 PM
Power Poster

Know what you mean but unfortunately everything changes as we age. So sometimes we have to just go with the flo.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:20 PM

You are soooo funny!!! I just had to laugh out loud!!!
I try to hide my butterfly wings on my arms too.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by colwoods
Once I saw a woman (50-ish)who was wearing a tank top riding a motorcycle. The way she had to hold her arms out caused the skin under her arms to flap like nobody's business. It was so funny! It looked like bat wings.
at least she still had the strength to ride that motorcycle....
Old 06-25-2011, 02:47 PM

Dotto -- I have gone to 3/4 sleeves for going out, but the tanks are for home in warm weather (by that I mean 80 -- if we ever get to it). I may try adding a trim to the shorter sleeves since I have a couple of colors that I love.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:20 PM

Oh, you ladies!! When I was young I thought I was as plain as mud and shaped like a dirtclod! Not according to my first husband! A month before he died (we were 40) he told me he was always afraid he'd wake up one morning and I'd be gone because I was more beautiful than he deserved - (he looked like Tom Selleck, to me!!) He could never figure out why I married him! He'd never said anything like that ever before.
After he died nothing bothered me about how I looked. Now, I'm 63 overweight and still wear a bikini to swim (I would wear nothing if it were legal - I love the water). The only reason I dont wear sleeveless is I stopped wearing bras when he died so there could be collateral issues happening in public -lol.
Take everything off! All of it! find the biggest mirror in your house and really look at yourself. You are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside!! Flappy, flabby, droopy, boney, patchy parts and all. If you try to hide parts of your outside you'll succeed in hiding some of the best parts that are inside you, too. Some of the most perfectly beautiful people are rather ugly on the inside.
If I thought I wasn't the way I was meant to be it would be like saying to God, well, thanks for the body, but its not exactly perfect, is it - . I wish I could have understood that as a teen on up, it would have saved me thousands in makeup (dont wear it now) foundation garments (ditto), special outfits to hide my "bad parts", too expensive bathing suits, and angst in all the thoughts I had about what I thought other people were seeing/judging me on and not actually enjoying the moment I was in.
I guess Im suggesting if you feel passionate about covering up parts of yourselves, do it because you feel more comfortable dressed that way, not because you think you have to hide parts. sharet