floppy arm thingy

Old 06-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Power Poster

I hate my flabby,floppy arms. I never go out in public with them hanging out. Sometimes I will cut a long sleeve shirt into 3/4. Right now at home I am in a tank top. If someone comes over I quickly change. I dont like it and dont like seeing it.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:28 PM

But in the event of a flood, they will act as flippers to help you swim!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:10 PM

No I do not wear sleeveless or do I wear short, shorts. Once we reach 50, nature does it's thing. You do not have to be heavy, to have this happen, it's the way things are. So just adjust. I don't miss sleeveless or the shorts. I now wear knee knockers, mid calf, or what ever they call them. Just look at an older lady in sleeveless or shorts and you will see what I mean. Grow old gracefully. Youth will be served!!! Enjoy your life, what ever the age and dress accordingly.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:22 PM

I still wear Tank tops but I'm having a hard time wearing shorts. I told myself I would worry about what others think but it's not working. I think the best way to fix the problem is to not have friends that are younger and thinner then you are.
I sure wish they would make shorts that are longer and looser, having a big bootie does me no good at all. Oh, and the bat wing arms I call "Grandma bye, bye arms. Just think back to when you were little and visited your grandparents. They would wave good bye front the front door. Grandma in her flowered dress and apron waving and her upper arm would also be waving bye, bye. Getting old is not for sissies.....
Old 06-25-2011, 06:23 PM

Yes, I wear sleeveless. It's too hot and humid here in Texas. Electric bills are too high for cooler temps inside. You almost die if any yard work needs to be done. So what if I have a little flab. Who doesn't at my age?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:48 PM

I have them also. Had muscles when farming full time and
lost lots of weight. Therefore flappy arms. I just say I earned them but do not wear tank tops in public.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:50 PM

I'm with you A Rimuse It took me a life time of living to be who and what I am I've never used make-up. I've always dressed to please me I never felt the urge to exercise or diet and I still don't -I had a nasty SIL who told me "I'd be real pretty if I wore make-up and done some thing with my hair'She left me speechless but not my husband he told her in a barely polite way That I was the most beautiful woman he's ever known and his greatest Blessing .A girl can't ask for more than that from the love of her life now can she? My husband passed 3yrs ago after 25+yrs and he is still the greatest Blessing of my life
Old 06-25-2011, 06:51 PM

I'm with all of you. Can't believe that the stores that cater to larger women have so much sleeveless stuff. Don't they have anyone on staff who is over 40 years of age???
Maybe it will take a letter-writing campaign to the manufacturers of women's clothes.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:10 PM

It doesn't get warm enough here for me to even think about sleeveless. Heck, I'm still wearing long-johns every day.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hosta
do you wear sleeveless? I can't stand having my floppy arms flying in the breeze looks like I am a pelican about to take off and I can't stand seeing it on other women terrible I know. Why don't they make shirts with longer sleeves than those little quarter length things. Oh well when those terrible storms blew winds 60 mph I thought they were going to catch me and fly me away
lol.....you are too funny. I can't wear shirts with sleeves when it is really hot out. I over heat.