Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Flylady/Decluttering Anyone? >

Flylady/Decluttering Anyone?

Flylady/Decluttering Anyone?

Old 08-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Banned

I came Flylady years ago. My sink is my thing. I hate when it's dirty, drives me up the wall. And without fail as soon as I get it cleaned up either my husband or daughter decided they are going to cook something like spagetti, or paint!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:11 PM

I used to subscribe to the Flylady years ago, but she cluttered up my inbox with several emails a day. It drove me crazy. I tried to change my settings and whittle them down to just one a day, but that didn't work. I have no idea what kind of email program she was using but it sure was annoying. However, I followed her long enough to figure it out and develop my own system.

I have to laugh when The Boys, ages 46, 19, and 12, complain about crumbs when walking barefoot on the kitchen floor. I hand them the Swiffer vac, since they're the ones who brush toast crumbs off the counter. You'd think they'd learn.....
Old 08-10-2013, 08:49 AM

www.flylady.net is what I think her site is.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
I used to follow Flylady every day without fail. This was years ago and though I no longer do so, I still shine up the sink every morning and night. I think I need to look up her blog again. Maybe that would help with my sewing room. Or maybe that is just a lost cause.
Thanks for posting on this subject.
-------------------------------
Her way sure does work. After all the kids left and my DH died, I cleaned out a lot of stuff,
15 minutes at a time. And I sent them some pictures of my "new" house, and my son-in-law
glanced at them and asked my daughter just who's house it was...and he had been here lots
of times, starting in their teens!!! If I don't love it, use it, or it's not valuable, out it goes. And
I can't remember most of the stuff I've given away...and there is more that's going out. 2 Closets
are next..
I got a new phone, with one wrong number off for a medical office, the gentleman and I had a nice
chat about his young nephew he was raising who was ADD...and we agreed that he would clean out
the "explosion" of toys and junk in the kid's room. He phoned a couple of weeks later and said the
boy was much calmer with less choice of thousands of play things, and had donated some of his
but unwanted toys to a battered women's place.