Foal Watch For Patches

Old 06-19-2009, 05:03 AM

Ninnie you need to bring him here so he can see how personable and friendly they are

We show them generally the first 2 - 3 years before breeding them. I try really hard to put show records on all of our breeding animals as I like them to be proven before they are bred. But it gets very expensive! But I think in the long run it pays off.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by kaykay
Dang terri you are good!!! Yep Vick is half brother to Promise (they both have the same mom)
Hey, my brain isn't all mush all the time! lol

I think Bailey was the first mare you asked for help with for Mare Stare. :)
And Courtney says......give me back my horse! lol
Old 06-19-2009, 05:28 AM

Hey Kay!!!
How do you expect us to get a "foal fix" when the cam is down? :(
Old 06-19-2009, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

i know it's hard when you are running a business, and can't help but fall in love with your new babies, and yet you have to sell them to survive! I thought about raising Great Danes, just one pair , but know I would bawl my eyes out everytime I had to sell one of the puppies, beside there are enough unwanted dogs in this ole world. Still it sure would be fun!

I'll try and trick Dh into going to see the horses! LOL

We have 200 acres that would be perfect! Do you cry when you have to tell one of them goodbye?

Old 06-19-2009, 05:55 AM

I couldn't bear to give up any of my babies!
Maybe that's one of the reasons hubby is still in the Navy. He knows if he wasn't, I'd have a house load of animals. lol
Just breaks my heart to leave the Humane Society when I go and play with the animals there. I just want to take them all home, then I start realizing how much it would cost me to fly them all back to the states with me.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Maybe that's one of the reasons hubby is still in the Navy. He knows if he wasn't, I'd have a house load of animals. lol
Just breaks my heart to leave the Humane Society when I go and play with the animals there. I just want to take them all home, then I start realizing how much it would cost me to fly them all back to the states with me.

Terri, I'm the same way and then I start thinking about the cost of feeding them and the vet bills and I have to come back down to reality! Also the bigger the pet, the bigger the bill, so I'm sure Kay's vet bill is enormous! Everytime we take Mortimer it is a couple of hundred and when Our first was ill, we spent thousands on him. He had Pancreatic problems and when he was too sick to make it upstairs to bed, he slept on the couch andI slept in the floor beside him. anyway I try to be practical,but it's hard! :wink:
Old 06-19-2009, 06:09 AM

Sorry ladies!! We are having a horrible storm so I unplugged the cam just in case. I was worried it might get hit by lightening. After it passes Ill turn it back on.

I have to say I am not at all happy with where Vick is. I actually tried to get him back at the show :( I wont post this on any horse forum but when I saw him my heart broke. He is about 50 lbs underweight and not trained at all. The owner has promised me to feed him more and get him under control. I tried so hard to get her to let me at least have him a couple months to get his weight up and train him but she declined. This is the worst part of selling them. Im praying she does what she said and gets him fed up! I dont think she did it on purpose but she is not nearly as knowledgeable as she led me to believe when I sold him.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Only someone who has had an animal can understand the unconditional love they give. I wouldn't trade my babies for anything. I would seriously love to move to France and live, but it with as many furbabies as I have it just isn't possible, and I couldn't leave them! (K3n just breathed a BIG sigh of relief, LOL)

And Celeste, I know how you feel. I've fallen in love with Rumor, and would LOVE to have him. But I need a horse like I need another 20 pounds on my..er..HIPS! Yeah, hips! ROFL. Kay, I swear if he isn't gone by the time we are in Ohio this fall, I'll be in BIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGG trouble!
Old 06-19-2009, 06:11 AM

Oh no, Kay. That is horrible!
I can jump on my broom, I mean jet and go and get him....well, I would if I could!
It's hard when we see our babies like that.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

Oh Kay, that is so sad! I don't know how you stood to leave with out him. You must be in the same path or close as we are , I'm sick of the storms and rain!

Maybe you could get someone else to offer to buy him, maybe she just didn't want to sell to you, some people are like that and you have to trick them! I know he'll be on your mind now.