Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Folding a fitted bed sheet and why? >

Folding a fitted bed sheet and why?

Folding a fitted bed sheet and why?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Power Poster

I don't mind my sheets being worn out faster by washing the same ones and putting them right back on the bed. I've had the same set now for over five years. Not a fray in sight. My DH had sticker shock when I bought them but I knew the quality would stand up to my way of abuse of laundry.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:46 PM

I guess I'm an odd duck because I fold my fitted sheets in a nice neat flat square.There was a video a couple of weeks back that a man was showing how to fold fitted sheets.Sorry ladies I just don't remember where you can find the video.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:48 PM

I guess I'm an odd duck because I fold my fitted sheets in a nice neat flat square.There was a video a couple of weeks back that a man was showing how to fold fitted sheets.Sorry ladies I just don't remember where you can find the video.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
My folding technique for fitted sheets is "organized wad".
That is me!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:05 PM

I put corners in corners and I still can't get it right. I just read this somewhere: Life's to short to fold fitted sheets". I agree.

Thanks for the idea of putting everything in a pillow case. I think that is a great way to do it.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:16 PM

I may be a dying breed, but I fold every sheet I own (let's see..........that's at least two sets for every bed of King, full, twins, toddlers total of 7 beds and every sheet, top sheet and blanket gets folded corner to corners the proper way. No, I am not a military wife! Just a woman who likes things in their proper place (some call it OCD!) However, I was taught this way and will continue, now I just need help with it all. My kids don't see any justice in the folding if it ends up on the bed. The pillow cases are folded just as nicely and organized too. Ya. it's OCD but in a good way!

You should see my closets, kitchen cabinets, file cabinet and fabric too. I would say it's a way of life. And I can always find what I am looking for.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:30 PM

If you don't spend too much time on folding, you will have more time for quilting. I like that!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:54 PM

Used to put sets together in the pillow case but now I can't go down the steep stairs to the basement my husband does the laundry,so now I am just lucky to see them ever again.
he'll get one when we make the bed. when I finally get a place that is more funtional for me it will be like xmas.I bought new towels or whatever but they are down there in the hole at least I think.I am just glad it gets done and after my stoke learned not to worry about stuff. now it is his way and upstairs I do what I can when I can so the end of week it is done.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:00 PM
PEP

A long time ago I read a tip from Heloise - fold fitted sheet length wise in 4ths, then roll up. Easy to tell fitted from flat. Especially when my boys never liked to use a top sheet, just their comforters. Patty
Old 10-15-2010, 12:30 AM

Hey that's a very smart idea to put them in the pillowcase. In fact, brillant! Of course, I kind of like the wadded up balls that I've got tossed in my linen closet right now that tend to fall out onto the floor when I open the door and I pick them up and wad them up again the throw them back in. Okay, I sort of think of it as some sort of exercise program. A lame one, but one nonetheless :)