Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Folding a fitted bed sheet and why?

Blog Entries
    Is a big waste of time. :lol: My neighbor folds her fitted sheets to perfect squares that lay neat and flat on the shelf. :roll: I watched her fold some this morning. I have tried to do it her way but get so bored I end up rolling it up and squishing a square out of it and calling it done. I don't keep but one extra change of sheets per bed size and usually take sheets out of dryer and right back on the bed anyway.

Agree with you! I just have a "sheet" shelf in the linen closet, with the matching folded flat sheet under the balled up fitted sheet. LOL!

I"ve got a friend who worked at a sheet factory and all of her sheets are so neatly folded on her shelf... Nah. I just won't take the time to do that. If you MASH hard enough, they go pretty much into a flat square!

It's a Martha Stewart thing I tried failed I like your method better!

My folding technique for fitted sheets is "organized wad".

Blog Entries
    Would love to know how to fold a fitted sheet without having to roll it in a ball. If they aren't pretty flat everything on top of them rolls out onto the floor. Right now I have them in a drawer so it isn't a problem. Close is good enough for me. Can't sweat the small stuff.

Blog Entries
    well, i simi fold them.

Blog Entries
    I love your way of thinking BellaBoo :D:D:D I fold the same way

Oldest DD was always pulling them out of the linen closet and refolding them "correctly" when she lived at home :roll: Now that she is an adult with kids? Ha Ha she does the fold and stuff now too :lol::lol:

Blog Entries
    I just put the fitted sheet, top sheet folded inside of the pillow case and store them that way in the closet

Blog Entries
    I fold my sheets into a nice neat square..and then put them all inside the pillowcase to match..so when I change seasons etc. I can pull the pillowcase and have everything I need. I know some people think this is insane, just the way I do things.

It was certainly easier to fold them before there was elastic all the way around. I still fold them the way my mom wanted them done. Put the corners in the corners and keep folding in half.

Blog Entries
    all of it into the pillow case? where it all stays together and nicely coordinated?

what a GREAT idea!

:thumbup:

Rue be the day if things weren't done my Mom's way growing up. It was the one and only way. Period.

So that's how I learned. Several houses I have lived in as an adult there have been either small closet shelves or kitchen like cabinets for linens and towels. I've always folded them neatly. With a family of five nothing would fit if I didn't. Never minded folding them.

Quote Originally Posted by lisainmo
    I fold my sheets into a nice neat square..and then put them all inside the pillowcase to match..so when I change seasons etc. I can pull the pillowcase and have everything I need. I know some people think this is insane, just the way I do things.
    I smash up the fitted as best I can, fold the flat one because it behaves, and then place them all in the pillowcase. Works great! :thumbup:

I store each set of sheets in matching pillow case. Much eaiser to find correct sheets when making bed. I even put arrows on sheet to show head or foot of bed. Smart idea or just lazy.

I'm loving the pillowcase storage idea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw

No I don't do it this way, I wad them up and squish them in the closet!

Blog Entries
    LOL so I guess most do not iron the sheets??

I don't iron, but I do fold (like the video) match with other pieces and store in the pillow case.

I hate the feel of wrinkles in my sheets...DH says I am nuerotic, but as long as he doesn't have to do the folding he is ok with it. ;-)

Blog Entries
    I worked as a maid when I was a teenager and had to do all the bedding laundry. I was taught to match the corners and stick one inside the other. then fold that so the top is straight across with the corners turned under then fold in half long ways and then fold in half width ways and continue til you have it controlled and the size you want it to be. After you do dozens of them every day it is easy to do. I don't like wadding as they want to fall out and make everything else fall out.

This need to fold is also a part of my eye's need for geometrical shapes which is what my quilting does to me. I see everything in shapes and they have to be square or straight lines or it drives me crazy!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Up North

I watched this and ROFLMBO!!!! I can just see me doing that!!!NOT!!!! I put corners together as if there where no elastic where He puts his finger, it is then folded in half. Fold the corners across to each other just I do the flat one,Fold again and maybe again Flat enough... BillsBonBon

I can't stand wrinkled sheets at my feet when I'm trying to sleep . . . I know, weird, but it's uncomfortable and keeps me awake. So I fold my fitted sheets corner in corner. And also because I might have a tiny little neat-freak gene in my DNA. I don't iron them though. If they're terribly wrinkled, they go back in the dryer with a damp cloth. I've never understood the linen closet idea. For me, the sheets go in the bedroom they're used in, either on a closet shelf or in a drawer - my kids have drawers under their beds so it makes this easy and doesn't take up space in their dressers. Two sets of sheets per bed . . . one on the bed, one in the drawer. Nothing gets mixed up, lost or separated.

Quote Originally Posted by Up North

1. I fold my sheets at the dryer, in the basement, far away from any flat surface.
    2. Life is too short -- this is time I can spend sewing!

I admire those who do this. Wish I was that organzied, tidy, etc. Love the pillowcase idea. Now I have to go find the matching pieces. :)

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan Larrimore
    It was certainly easier to fold them before there was elastic all the way around. I still fold them the way my mom wanted them done. Put the corners in the corners and keep folding in half.
    Yup, thats the way I do..I fold my sheets and pillowcases.. Fitted on bottom, flat on top and matching pillowcases on top of all that.. Takes me less than a minute to fold each one.. Not sure why everyone thinks its time consuming..

P.s I hate doing laundry :thumbdown:

Wow, what a concept !!!

Sheets on a bed, who knew? And people are expected to fold these things too? Outrageous !!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast