Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Folding a fitted bed sheet and why? >

Folding a fitted bed sheet and why?

Folding a fitted bed sheet and why?

Old 10-12-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw

No I don't do it this way, I wad them up and squish them in the closet!
I watched this and ROFLMBO!!!! I can just see me doing that!!!NOT!!!! I put corners together as if there where no elastic where He puts his finger, it is then folded in half. Fold the corners across to each other just I do the flat one,Fold again and maybe again Flat enough... BillsBonBon
Old 10-12-2010, 01:02 PM

I can't stand wrinkled sheets at my feet when I'm trying to sleep . . . I know, weird, but it's uncomfortable and keeps me awake. So I fold my fitted sheets corner in corner. And also because I might have a tiny little neat-freak gene in my DNA. I don't iron them though. If they're terribly wrinkled, they go back in the dryer with a damp cloth. I've never understood the linen closet idea. For me, the sheets go in the bedroom they're used in, either on a closet shelf or in a drawer - my kids have drawers under their beds so it makes this easy and doesn't take up space in their dressers. Two sets of sheets per bed . . . one on the bed, one in the drawer. Nothing gets mixed up, lost or separated.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw

No I don't do it this way, I wad them up and squish them in the closet!
1. I fold my sheets at the dryer, in the basement, far away from any flat surface.
2. Life is too short -- this is time I can spend sewing!

I admire those who do this. Wish I was that organzied, tidy, etc. Love the pillowcase idea. Now I have to go find the matching pieces. :)
Old 10-12-2010, 01:26 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by Suzan Larrimore
It was certainly easier to fold them before there was elastic all the way around. I still fold them the way my mom wanted them done. Put the corners in the corners and keep folding in half.
Yup, thats the way I do..I fold my sheets and pillowcases.. Fitted on bottom, flat on top and matching pillowcases on top of all that.. Takes me less than a minute to fold each one.. Not sure why everyone thinks its time consuming..

P.s I hate doing laundry :thumbdown:
Old 10-12-2010, 01:39 PM

Wow, what a concept !!!

Sheets on a bed, who knew? And people are expected to fold these things too? Outrageous !!
Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
I just put the fitted sheet, top sheet folded inside of the pillow case and store them that way in the closet

exactly Karen! i have been doing it that way for years..i had 3 twin beds and 2 full size, when the kids were younger, it was just do dang mush easier for the kids to grab the pillow case of the shelf,next to the dryer..when it was time to change the beds.
just me and the DH now, and 1 queen for us and 1 full for guests. and i still do it that way.

i DO make my bed every morning, that has to count for something!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:07 PM

Several years ago, I was an assistant housekeeping supervisor in a hotel chain. Many hours each day were spent folding the sheets, pillow cases, towels, etc. The hotel required special folding for many things. And only had queeen and king size beds.

I leared very quickly how to fold king and queen fitted bottom sheets. Now it is just a habit for me do fitted sheets that way. It takes the same amount of time to fold fitted as it does the flat.

Just watched the YouTube video. That is exactly how I do my sheets, but only much faster.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:17 PM

I have always folded mine...I lay my flat sheet on the bottom before the last fold, then lay my folded fitted sheet and folded pillowcases on top, fold the flat sheet over the top and have a neat package. I would guess it takes just over a minute to fold the whole thing. That makes it easier when I put the sheets on the bed. I am another one who likes the feel of smooth sheets.
I also fold underwear and tee shirts the way they are folded in the packege. For me it's fast and easy after so many years doing it that way. :-D
Old 10-12-2010, 02:27 PM

Ditter, my husband wants his underware folded too..LOL lucky for me, because i can no longer go up and down basement steps, he does all the laundry.has for about 4 years now.
he even fold my underware..good grief!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:44 PM

I figured this method out on my own and liked the end results...Not avalanche of sheets (2 sets/bedx3 beds) when I'm trying to take down one set....
I find that by folding neatly(everything), saves time (picking up and putting back on shelf multiple times) you can store more in less space.