Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Folding a fitted bed sheet and why? >

Folding a fitted bed sheet and why?

Folding a fitted bed sheet and why?

Old 10-12-2010, 02:50 PM

Oh, good god. Do NOT let my dh see this! He already folds his underwear AND my underwear. Drives me insane.

Why does he care what the underwear in MY drawer looks like? It's not like HE has to wear it....
Old 10-12-2010, 02:52 PM

Well, my SIL used to make her kids fold their sheets to put them downstairs to be washed!!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
Well, my SIL used to make her kids fold their sheets to put them downstairs to be washed!!!!
That's overkill in my opinion BUT my dgd folds the dirty laundry to go to the laundry mat as she sorts it.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:40 PM

i do the same
Old 10-12-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nanax4
Oh, good god. Do NOT let my dh see this! He already folds his underwear AND my underwear. Drives me insane.

Why does he care what the underwear in MY drawer looks like? It's not like HE has to wear it....
My Uncle Randy lightly starches his drawers......LOL
Old 10-12-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw

No I don't do it this way, I wad them up and squish them in the closet!
This video is how I fold a fitted sheet, only I rarely lay it on a flat surface to do so and mine is never quite that neat! lol (It is the way my grandmother taught me.)
Old 10-12-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
I don't iron, but I do fold (like the video) match with other pieces and store in the pillow case.

I hate the feel of wrinkles in my sheets...DH says I am nuerotic, but as long as he doesn't have to do the folding he is ok with it. ;-)
My grndmother used to lightly starch and iron her sheets. Mom made me and my older sister iron our sheets... After the 2 oldest me and older sis, younger didn't do Nada!!! got old enough to iron, this was in around 1956 something like that. We had the duty of ironing the whole familys' clothes, except for Dads pants they were put on pant stretchers, including younger sis. She is 6 yrs. younger than me. In those days starch was cooked Argo was the name we used. I spent a many sat. or after school when homework done ironing clothes. Starched ones were sprinkled down and put in fridge if you didn't get it done that day. BELIEVE ME I only iron when my clothes if they need it as I use them. AIN'T no way I would iron sheets. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-12-2010, 05:12 PM

Personally, for reasons I started when teenagers would rummage through the linen closet, I fold the flat sheet, roll up the fitted sheet inside the flat one, wind one pillow case around this and stuff all into the other pillow case. Then I can grab whatever one I want when changing beds.

I tried folding the fitted one after seeing a video of it, then gave up in sheer frustration. I don't need more irritation in my life when the darn fitted sheet flattens out anyway when stretched over the mattress. Who started this flat square stuff..Martha Stewart, I'll bet.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:32 PM

Fold them like I do...I let my husband fold them :)...in fact he does ALL the laundry....Life is grand :).
Old 10-12-2010, 09:09 PM

Since storage is always a problem - a problem that doesn't get easier to solve when you quilt - I "store" extra sheet sets for guest bedrooms on the beds. It's a bit of a pain when company comes, because I have to strip the 'extra' off, but otherwise it works.

I think you could also store extra sets of sheets between the mattress and box spring. Then who cares how they're folded? Or even if they're folded?