Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The Forum is Going to the Dogs, Please DO NOT respond unless >

The Forum is Going to the Dogs, Please DO NOT respond unless

The Forum is Going to the Dogs, Please DO NOT respond unless

Old 07-01-2010, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by pvquilter
I have a 15 year old Maltese I have been thinking about putting down. I just don't have the heart to do it. She is fine other than some vision and hearing problems and the worst problem of all is her using the house to pee and poop. I can have her outside 15 minutes and she does not go, then as soon as she is in the house she piddles or poops. Some days are better and some days are bad. I just don't know what to do. She does hold her bladder all night. I do have a puppy paper in the Master bathroom in case she does get up at nite and I don't hear her. She also has this other problem of licking everything. It almost drives us crazy sometimes. I usually put earplugs in at nite so I don't hear her, or I wouldn't get any sleep. Somedays it is worse than others. Any suggestions? How long do I wait until I make that decision. Any Advice???

Originally Posted by shaverg
Seeing all of our lovely fur babies and how much they are loved and how much they love all of us, really makes me think about my Sis and BIL right now.

They are putting their sweet 14 year old Millie down tomorrow morning. Please say a prayer for my sis, bil, and Millie. Also her buddy Bandit will really miss her, they have been attached at the hip since my sister rescued him as a pup 5 years ago.
Hi pvquilter. You'll know when the time is right. Listen to you gut. I don't know how we know, but we just do. I do not have dogs, I have cats. My first one was very ill and it was the right time. My second one was not in any pain, but her heart was going, then her kidneys. Then she started hiding in the closet, and had a temp. The vet wanted to do blood tests, but I thought, what for, to find out something else age related that nothing can be done about? So I held her and kissed her and told her she did not have to hold on for me any longer. I would be ok. I swear she seemed relieved and was ready. Don't be too hard on yourself. You'll know when it is time. I wish you peace.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:59 AM

I will try to show my baby boy.

Bouncer - 5 1/2 year old Yorkie Mix
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83883[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83878.jpe  
Old 07-02-2010, 04:29 AM

Here's my Buster... He's 4 years old... and a very psychotic poodle - don't look at him wrong lol.

He's a good dog and getting much better with age but he is my problem child that's for sure. He sure can be moody...

This is his *pose* whenever I take a picture of him he does this....
These are before and after pics... stinky & clean lol.
I try to keep his hair short especially in the summer...

He's a chunker.. I just changed him to a diet dog food and we need to start taking walks together......

Buster stinky.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83886[/ATTACH]

Buster clean.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83887[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83881.jpe   attachment-83882.jpe  
Old 07-02-2010, 04:47 AM

These are my 3 Golden retrievers. may avatar is my darling Jonah, almost 8 years old. The white girl is Anna, she is 7. We have had her for 4 years, took her as a rescue to find her a home! She stayed. The golden boy with Jonah is Sam, our dumb blonde. He tries so hard, and at 6 is a really nice boy. They keep my vacuum cleaner full but I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Jonah
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83889[/ATTACH]

Anna
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83890[/ATTACH]

Sam and Jonah
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83891[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83884.jpe   attachment-83885.jpe   attachment-83886.jpe  
Old 07-02-2010, 04:56 AM

So many beautiful dogs. And of course we all think ours is the best. lol
Andy ,my avatar- 8yr old Lhasa Apso -13 lbs - epilepsy and heart condition- he was dumped at a high kill shelter because he was biting. He likes my house (most times ), he likes quiet.

Ramone- 7 yr old Rhodesian Ridgeback hound and GSD mix.he was rescued at about 4 weeks from an Atlanta bar. Biggest 71lb baby you ever saw.

Greta- chow/shepard mix- 8 yrs- sweet girl- Atlanta Humane 63 lbs

And right now I have 4 fosters
Rosa- 2 yr old chihuahua-9 lbs +
Mavis- 4 month old JRT/rat terrier mix 13 lbs

Jelly Bean and Blu- ( I didn't name them) 10 week old. Weimeraner / chocolate lab mix. Mom was the lab. Both pure bred. Bet that wasn't planned. They were pulled with their siblings just before they were to be put down. There are 7 total now one was adopted.

Its hard to get pictures of a JRT and puppies

Andy in his favorite spot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83892[/ATTACH]

Greta and Ramone sharing. She was just shaved in this pic she is MUCH fluffier
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83893[/ATTACH]

Rosa and one of the puppys
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83894[/ATTACH]

Mavis and one of the puppys
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83895[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83887.jpe   attachment-83888.jpe   attachment-83889.jpe   attachment-83890.jpe  
Old 07-02-2010, 06:04 AM
Lyn

Could this be Jackie's twin? Her name is Daisy. The vet said she is atleast 1/2 Ausralian Sheep Dog. She does like to herd. Anyway she is our wonderful rescue. Gosh I hope this picture works.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83910.jpe  
Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 AM

Here are some pictures of my "kid". He is a 3 yo French Brittany. His registered name is Jazzy's Never Shot 12-Gage. We call him Gage. My dh's nickname is Jazzy and Gage came from a breeder's litter that were all going to be hunters and my dh doesn't bird hunt hence the name.

This is his family.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83927[/ATTACH]

Gage as a toddler.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83928[/ATTACH]

Taking a snooze.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83929[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83922.jpe   attachment-83923.jpe   attachment-83924.jpe  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:43 AM

The bottom picture, "Taking A Snooze". My poodle Tucker does the same thing. We call it,

" Want ta see my web cam? "
Old 07-02-2010, 07:56 AM

http://www.petportraitquilts.com/Gallery_Page.html

I ran across this - looks interesting.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:05 AM

This is my girl, Nell. Her mother was a full blood cocker spaniel (which explains her small size and floppy, curly ears) and her father was a full blood red husky. Here, I had just returned from shopping and brought her a new chew toy. She carried it around our dining room table about 7 times and then took it to "her space" to maul. :lol: She's such a cutie. But she chews when she's alone so at bedtime she has her crate to keep her confined and our furniture safe. But normally she's chasing down our mischievous kitty. :wink:

Nell
[ATTACH=CONFIG]83749[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-83744.jpe