Freezing in Florida

Old 12-14-2010, 10:37 PM

OK, Fl guys, I share your pain. It's 23 here in Valdosta now.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:22 AM
SC

I thought I was ready for winter after such a hot summer but I've changed my mind! It hasn't been above freezing here for the last 2 days. It is supposed to briefly warm up to just above freezing this afternoon but forecast is for rain turning to ice late pm. I can live with snow but can do without the ice (even tho it does make for some pretty scenery). I used to love to go out walking when we had snow or ice. Now I stay inside except to bundle up & go out to feed horses & donkeys. Then I hurry back inside & put another log on the fire! My son's gf who is from Colorado was visiting for a few days. When it starting snowing on Sunday she commented that she hadn't seen any snow plows & asked where they were. I had to laugh & explain that we didn't have snow plows, that our little bit of snow rarely lasts more than 2 or 3 days.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 AM

I'm in Fort Pierce, FL and we were 29 degrees this AM. They tricked us into moving here in the "TROPICS". Yeah Right! LOL But, Girls, we have all those cozy quilts to wrap up in. Love, Quilting Joan and Merry Christmas
Old 12-15-2010, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cyn
I am cold too. My break from sewing is going to be paying the bills- Yuk- but it has to be done!
I did that today as well,went to Perkins to eat and then spread it all out on the table as I ate some pie with another cup of coffee.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:39 PM

BRRRRRR for FL! Another repeat this winter. Very very windy here for two days. Cold too but that is normal. So is the wind actually as we are on the coast.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:43 PM

It is 6 degrees in central Ohio. We've been having very cold weather and I'm ready for spring and summer! My son is in Fairbanks, Alaska and I saw the online weather report that it will be 45-50 below zero tonight! Can you imagine? I surely can't. Makes Ohio weather seem warm. Good luck to all the Floridians and hopefully it will warm up soon.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:25 PM

I'm in the panhandle near Pensacola and it is 61 degrees here right now. We did freeze the last two nights though. We bought a space heater recently so we don't have to keep turning up the heat in the evening. We usually go south for a week or so in Jan/Feb but this year we will keep an eye on the weather in south Florida because it is often as cold there as it is here. If it turns out that way this year, we will stay home.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:16 PM

It was almost 80F here in west texas yestrday. Don't know what it was today but it was nice. We are expecting a cold wave but I forgot to watch the weather tonite to see what we weregetting. They did say something about flurries but you never know about weather here. I have seen it snow and blow dirt the same day and sometimes at the same time.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:06 AM

I am in Ocala Florida and it is 6 o'clock in the morning and it is 28 degrees right now. I moved down here to be warm and pain free and as of right now i am cold and in pain. But understand it is 9 degrees from where I was before in PA so I guess I shouldnt complain. But this is Florida!!!!!!!! Go figure. Keep warm everyone.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:53 AM

frannie...are all Alaskans as tough and impervious to the cold as Sarah Palin is on her program? Impressive! ;-)