frugalness!

Old 07-23-2011, 09:58 AM

Plainpat

LOL.

My studio is where I spend the most money.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:39 AM

That is very interesting. My husband wasn't aware and will keep a closer eye on the tank. Was most intrigued by the slower speed on the nozzle
Old 07-23-2011, 11:47 AM

Instead of have a long distance server, try using a phone card. It is so much cheaper, and they can be purchased for a decent price.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by NancyG
Pack your own lunch, get rid of land phone line if you use a cell phone, shop at thrift stores and yard sales, stay home more and cook - as opposed to eating out, rent movies instead of going to theater.
If you get movies from your local public library they are even cheaper!
Old 07-23-2011, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
Several ppl on the thread mentioned getting rid of their land line phone.How does that work when you need a ph line to have computer service.Do you just get another service ? Is it cheaper?
Lots of places have "computer service" broadcast through the air. No wires. For one to get you started...look up STELERA... just to find out how it works, and what the descriptive words are....
(Actually it works like a fancy cellphone service!)
Old 07-23-2011, 06:16 PM

to save money at christmas time I started using swagbucks all you do (and it is absolutely free by the way) is use swagbucks search engine intead of google or yahoo and they reward you for searching everytime I get 450 points I can trade it in for a $5 amazon.com gift card! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/seahorsesanna
I love to get things for free with very little work on my part (especially quilting stuff :)
Old 07-23-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
Originally Posted by jbud2
And my sisters think this is really stupid, but I cut my dryer sheets in half.
I do this too!!!! Dryer sheets aren't the best thing for your clothes, anyway.
My friendly appliance repair man says: " Don't use dryer sheets at all because they leave a coating build up on the working parts!"
I tried no dryer sheets, and can't tell the difference!

I still have a big box of them, so sometimes put one in the washer with the dirty clothes. Sometimes that seems to work.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:20 PM

I agree - dryer sheets work great if you just rub them on whatever is static-y. I keep one folded up in my purse for when my hair is flyaway.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:55 AM

As I was washing one this morning, I thought I'd mention it. Used zip lock bags get washed and reused I just keep them in the sink with the dirty dishes that need hand washing, and do them then - no extra water really.

I buy dog food in large bags, and keep the bags and use them as garbage bags out in what we call the 'mudroom' They're the perfect size for the wastebacket out there.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:30 AM

Good ideas.....I get a lot of use out of the plastic bags from W Mart & grocery.They fit my small trash cans in bath,bed & sewing room.I put one on the counter to use as garbage bags when cooking & especially when peeling frits/veggies.
Makes short work of cleaning up.

They hold blocks of a certain size or row....using a grease pen to write in big letters something like Green quilt,Row 4.

Originally Posted by RugosaB
As I was washing one this morning, I thought I'd mention it. Used zip lock bags get washed and reused I just keep them in the sink with the dirty dishes that need hand washing, and do them then - no extra water really.

I buy dog food in large bags, and keep the bags and use them as garbage bags out in what we call the 'mudroom' They're the perfect size for the wastebacket out there.