frugalness!

Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Power Poster

I grew up with "Frugal" and every expenditure was met with "NO we can't afford it" or "We are too poor to have..." so I am not as frugal as I could be. I can save or not spend but I do it only when I have to.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:12 PM

I think some of our readers may have mentioned these: fluorescent light bulbs, wash only full loads, (only need to 2 loads per every 10 days), watch movies on Netflix, (verses going to a theater), eating at home is always cheaper, have energy efficeint A/C unit, energy efficient water heater/washer/dryer (they are maytag bravo), I saved along time for them, and clumping all my errands together. I strickly shop at thrift stores/yard sales for everything, except shoes. Once every 2 yrs, I will buy a new pair of pants; other than that all of the clothes I wear have re-cycled. I use the used coffee ground to help with plants and flowers. I almost always pull from my stash, plus ladies from our Quilt Guild will swap leftover fabric.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:15 PM

great site! Thanks!

my friend is a beautician. and she says that most shampoos are to strong, she says to dilute them with half water,half shampoo.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:30 PM

Grocery shop every other week to save gas (store is 50 mi round trip) and do all errands while in town. Homecooking 99% of the time, lots of pasta and rice dishes, make my own bread and pizza dough, turn off all unnecessary lights and rarely go to LQS anymore except on my birthday (my annual bday present from DH).