Funny Family Anecdotes!

Old 09-18-2009, 01:05 PM

Ohhh so many stories come to mind. I guess I will start with one that I cannot be held responsible for. I was in the 1st grade and it was very warm. All of our classrooms had doors to the outside and ours was open. Well I had to go to the bathroom really bad!! Ms. "Y" would not let me go. Well I didn't have a choice so I filled my pants. Feeling better my mouth started to run as usual. Ms. "Y" got mad at me and sent me to the desk to get tape to put on my mouth. I was barely back when a stray dog ran into our classroom made a lap or two and ran out the door again. Ms. "Y" soon found something strange in the middle of the floor. She exclaimed "what on earth is this?" I immediately spoke up and said, "it must have been the dog!!!" Well being a smart teacher she put two and two together and checked my pants. Mystery solved!!! My Mom had plenty to say when she was called to come from work to give me clean clothes. I never got any guff about going to the bathroom again.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Power Poster

:lol: :lol: :lol: It is easy to picture especially with your little chick at the bottom doing the (potty?)dance! I can hear her saying ...Gottagogottagogotttago......
Old 09-18-2009, 05:09 PM

LOL i thought of that too when I posted this. He sorta looks like me when I was in 1st grade.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

well, we have 3 girls, and the youngest was always a true blonde, and skinny as a kid, even at ten, like her daddy was.
We were all around the table and got to teasing her about how she could bend and twist and put her feet behind her head.
She was on the other end, opposite me, and hubby was to her left.
So she's all grinning, cause we're kind of bragging on her, and how you can see her bones sticking out.
Hubby, not being one to miss an opportunity to get in a dig here or there, said to DD, "bony? I bet it takes two scales to weigh you!"
Always the peacemaker, I said, " two scales? you can see her ribs!"
DD: (meaning to yank up her shirt a little, gave it a big yank, all the way up) See my ribs!!! :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:
We saw more than ribs!!! Hubby says, we saw fried eggs too! :roll:
and one red faced little girl. :lol:
Old 09-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-18-2009, 06:39 PM

My DH has had a beard for years...why is another story! But years ago before the beard, when our daughter was about 2-1/2, she snuggled into her daddy's shoulder early one morning to get a hug. She noticed the stubble on his cheek and chin, as he hadnt' shaved yet. She drew back and rubbed her soft little hand across his cheek, and so sweetly said, "Daddy, that feels like Mama's knees!"

DH has never let me forget it...24 years later!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Power Poster

My DH has always had a beard. When Sara (our first) was 6 wks old DH decided to cut off his beard and let it regrow as he has a problem with eczema. He walked out of the bathroom and baby Sara took one look at him and screamed her head off!! She didn't recognize her daddy!!! He used to lay on the bed and prop his knees up and lay her against his knees and talk to her but this man was a stranger as far as she was concerned and she wouldn't let him anywhere near her for the rest of that day!!
She did get over it but she did it to me a few days later when I came out of the bathroom with curlers in my hair!! It just wasn't what she was used to!!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:45 PM

Why DH grew the beard is another family story. [Background: my kids had 5 uncles, and all had beards, but not their daddy.]

At age 4 my son came down with chicken pox the day after Christmas. He had exposed my husband, mother-in-law and his 6-year-old sister. Of course, right on schedule, three weeks later all got sick. DH and MIL were very, very sick, really miserable, quite covered with blisters. DH couldn't shave for weeks for fear of knocking the scabs off and scarring his face. By then a nice beard started, so he annouced he would keep it. Son started crying, then sobbing, and pleading with daddy not to have a beard. We couldn't understand it and tried to reason with him. He kept sobbing, "But I don't WANT you to be an UNCLE!" We finally figured out he thought his daddy would then no longer be his daddy, but his uncle. I love the way kids reason things out in their view of the world. (Son is now 24 with a full beard, looks just like his father, and is an uncle but not yet a daddy!)
Old 09-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Power Poster

I've probably told this one but will tell it again because I think it is cute!

Our youngest son Glen is 6 ft 3 in tall. He is named after his dad so we always called him Little Glen. Most of the time now we call him Glen without the little but habits are hard to break

He came to pick up his sons (twins) who were 3 at the time and I called their daddy Little Glen. Devon looked all the way up at his daddy and turned to me and said " He doesn't look little to me!!"
Old 09-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

When my granddaughter Rachel was about 3 her parents came to pick her up about 10 pm one night. She always cried when she had to leave me and this night she was very fractious!! She has a hot temper!

I told her to stop being so naughty and she growled at me because she was tired. I said "Listen here little girl you are my granddaughter and you have to do what Grandma Rhonda tells you!!" She looked at me and informed me very angrily " YOU are my granddaughter and I am your grandmother and you have to do what I tell you!!! And she broke into tears.

I asked her mom Sara(my DD) I said is that anything like you are my grandfather and I am your uncle .........