Funny Family Anecdotes!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Power Poster

Not too long ago my GD went to her first day of Kindergarten. It was to be a short day so the parents took the kids to the classroom. The teacher had the kids draw pictures. Emily drew a picture of their dog, a new border collie puppy. The teacher asked her what the dog's name was. Without missing a beat, Emily replies, "It's Jaz, Zeke (her brother) and I wanted to call her Pez (you know the candies), but we decided it sounded too much like piss and we didn't think we should call her that."
Mom was so embarrassed :oops: :oops: She hadn't heard that story before. Fortunately the teacher remained calm and told Emily that Jaz was a good name for their puppy :D
Old 09-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Power Poster

I am loving all of these stories!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-19-2009, 02:51 AM
Power Poster

We were at the Great Northwest Trek, it is a wild animal refuge. We were walking around looking at all of the animals...DD#1 (was 12 at the time) was saying Ahhhhh isn't that cute, by the time the rest of us turned around all that was to be seen was the back side of a goat going potty.... at that age she was not amused with all of the teasing... and yes, whenever we see a goat, front or rear, we all break out with a very loud "Ahhhhhh" and at the local county fair....there are a LOT of goats... my grands grew up thinking that it was something that everyone did when they seen a goat :roll: like you might say "moo" when you see a cow. Now they are getting older and love teasing Mama/Auntie about her "Ahhhhh"
Old 09-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

When middle DD was six, it was very close to Christmas. Hubby had been down to the creek and I saw him with a very good sized rock.
Me: "whatcha gonna do with that?"
Hubby: "I don't know. Thought it might make a good doorstop or something."
So later that day, we all noticed a big box under the tree. Whoopee! Bet it's something exciting.
Christmas day rolls around, and the box everyone has been wondering over, has DD's name on it, so she rips into it...digs out more and more boxes inside, gets to the last box, and it's that doggone rock...she was so mad, she promptly picked it up, and went over to the garbage can and made a very loud deposit, to show her displeasure! :evil:
We go off for the day, to gma's, and that evening, we come in, hubby getting in the house first, calls out to DD, "Oh my goodness, are you gonna throw, one of your Christmas presents away?"
She runs over and looks in trash...he had moved the rock into another can."
She howls, and runs in her room! :?
He has never let her forget the special present, and she has never quite thought it was very nice of her daddy! :roll: :lol:
Old 09-19-2009, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

My daughter has an embarassing secret!! At least it is embarrassing to her!! And her daddy used to love to tell everyone her embarrassing secret!!!

My DH and all 7 of his brothers and his Dad used to looooove to tease!!! So any opportunity was quickly jumped on no matter who the recipient was!!

When Sara was little as most kids do at some time or another she ran outside and shucked her diaper pretty regularly and ran around naked quite happily. So she earned the nickname SaresyBAREsy.

Her dad always always called her Saresybaresy until loong after she got married. He said it alot in place of her name and quite frequently told people how she got her name and he did it to see her face go beet red!!!

He has told her kids and they tried using it but promptly got put in their place for it!!!! She haaaateees it!!

So he will tell you if you want to get her goat( for those who don't know ---this means play a trick on her) just call her Saresybaresy!!! And yes her hubby knows it but wisely doesn't use it!!! But some of her 7 uncles will still tease her with it sometimes! She wil be 34 in Oct now. LOL she no longer strips in public!!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Teacup
My DH has had a beard for years...why is another story! But years ago before the beard, when our daughter was about 2-1/2, she snuggled into her daddy's shoulder early one morning to get a hug. She noticed the stubble on his cheek and chin, as he hadnt' shaved yet. She drew back and rubbed her soft little hand across his cheek, and so sweetly said, "Daddy, that feels like Mama's knees!"

DH has never let me forget it...24 years later!
This one gave me belly laughs! Poor you!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

I was six. We were traveling from our house in Massachusetts to our cousin's in New York (Troy just outside of Albany). It seemed like a really long trip to me, so I leaned up against the front seat and said "Hey Dad, are we still in America?". To this day (it was 1960) if someone in our family takes a ride that lasts more than 1 1/2 hours, someone will say "Hey Dad.....".
Old 09-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

Thanks everyone for sharing your family funnies!!! I hope more people will share more stories!
Old 09-21-2009, 05:17 AM
Banned

oh my gosh. both of those are good.
a few years ago hubby was outside having a smoke when he came in white as a ghost saying something about ufos. so i get my shoes on and go out. sure enough there they were......later we found out it was lights from the opening of Kmart. those big flood light lights... i still tease him about it :lol:
Old 09-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Power Poster

Good one Bev!! Does DH duck his head in embarrassment when you tease him?