Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A funny your kids came up with... >

A funny your kids came up with...

A funny your kids came up with...

Old 06-28-2011, 11:53 AM

haha! kwhite that's hilarious.

I teach Spanish and ESL, have had a lot of funny things happen while language learning. Both to me and to my students.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:58 AM

I have had 5 exchange students. It is funny.

The German student could not distinguesh between "V" and "W" I don't think I ever heard such laughter as when she went to Subway and asked for a "Wedgie" sub. And she would tell people she played "Vemen's Wallyball"
Old 06-28-2011, 12:29 PM

My DD was one for asking questions that did not need asking. She went through a streak of walking into the kitchen, seeing me getting things ready for dinner, (Peeling potatoes, browning meat, frying chicken, etc.) and would ask, "What's for dinner?" After several weeks of this, I got frustrated and started answering "Dog food" every time she asked.
One day as we were walking down the aisles of the grocery store, her sister, who never learned to use an 'inside voice' asked me loudly, "Are we having dog food for dinner again?" I wanted to sink into the floor!
Old 06-28-2011, 12:51 PM

Living in Ca, there is constant talk of earthquakes. My son who was about 8 at the time worried about the faultline. So I took him to see the one in Hollister. His concern was if he and I were separated how we find each other. I told him he would have to stay wherever he was and I would travel even around the world if I had to, but I would not let a little fault line keep us part. Guess where my son is now. Japan. Five minutes after the earthquake hit he was on the phone to assure me he was fine. He still doesn't like earthquake.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:52 PM

Thank you one and all, hard to pick a fav, but checking the kitten's feet is just too precious.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:56 PM

My little grandaugher Maddie is one of those kids that you never know what is going to come flying out of the mouth. She also likes to help. We have real wood floors in the kitchen and she was sweeping up(she was 5 at the time). She said to me, "Nana, if you would get something really good to clean the brown spots off your floor, it would really be beautiful."
Old 06-28-2011, 12:59 PM

My 2 nephews have provided me with lots af amusement thru the years. They are about 3 years apart in age. The older one (D) was real bad about picking on & bullying the younger one (M) from the time he was a toddler. We kept warning him that M was going to be big enough one day to get back at him so he had better watch it. Sure enough, one day I had to break up a tussle between the two of them. I sent M to their room. I was in the middle of reprimanding D when M came running out of their room, holding one of their plastic patio chairs up in the air & says to me, "Aunt S - you hold him down while I get him!!!"

I had to fight laughing & act like it wasn't funny. My brother & I had a good belly laugh over it later.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:04 PM

When my son was around 10 he used to do a voice for the family dog.
One day, shortly after I had spent the better part of a weekend planting a rose garden, I let the dog in from the back yard and his front paws were covered with mud.

As I grabbed a towel to wipe his feet I said "What have you been doing?" and I heard a voice from around the corner say "Weeding"

I started laughing so hard that the dog walked right past me and tracked mud all through the kitchen.

Needless to say, aforementioned son had to help clean the kitchen floor as well as repair the damage to the garden.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:04 PM

I recently retired from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). While visiting my son and his family, I was talking to my DDIL about how I hatd being so old. My beautiful 5-year old granddaughter told her mother, in a very serious, very soft voice, "I know why Nama is so old. She worked with Noah."
Old 06-28-2011, 01:06 PM

OMG you all have some hilarious stories! Here's mine:
1. Driving along in the winter with my then-4 yr old son when I hit a patch of black ice. Car did a complete 360 turn. As I sat with my knees shaking my son pipes up from the back seat,clearly impressed, "Wow! Cool Mom! Do it again!"
2. DD was about 4yrs and said she was going to run away to Grammie's house. I watched her walk up to the corner of our street and stop. She turned and started back. I went back inside and waited for her. She sat down, pouting. I asked why she changed her mind. She said " I can't cross the street by myself."
3. Different son, also at about 4yrs old, was in time-out for misbehaving. Not wanting to add to his punishment but letting me know how he felt, he said crying "I'm gonna call you a bad word because you are a bad word!"